Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv Sales Rep Here

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   n3vino

n3vino

Godfather

• Registered
  • 365 posts
  • LocationLeon Valley(San Antonio), Texas

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

I worked in the ACE department which is sales for existing customers. If you work in prospects please don't lie to get sales as I would always have to fix their lies. the door to door people and the in store people who don't even work for directv really but are outsourced are the worst. uggghhh

I spoke to one of these guys one time and they are fast talkers and deal in half truths. "You can get premium with all the movie channels for the same price as you pay now for cable". What they don't tell you is that after three months, you start paying for the premiums, and after a year your rate goes up to regular price. I brought that up to one guy, and he said after the first year, I could downgrade the package. Maybe that was true, but I didn't believe him because there is a two year contract and it made no sense to me that D* would allow it, since they had to make up for the first year's discount.

I am with D* for a little over a year now, but I knew exactly what would happen after three months and after the first year and that's why I didn't go for the premium package. I did the research for a time before I went with D*. Of course the first year discount, free HD for life, no upfront costs for equipment, whole home DVR. and no startup costs were the determining factors.

1 HDR 34

1 HDR 24-500
2 HD 25's
Slimline Dish 3LNB
Whole Home DVR

Epa, Epa, Andale, Andale, Arriba, Arriba, Eeeha

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   acer

acer

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

I spoke to one of these guys one time and they are fast talkers and deal in half truths. "You can get premium with all the movie channels for the same price as you pay now for cable". What they don't tell you is that after three months, you start paying for the premiums, and after a year your rate goes up to regular price. I brought that up to one guy, and he said after the first year, I could downgrade the package. Maybe that was true, but I didn't believe him because there is a two year contract and it made no sense to me that D* would allow it, since they had to make up for the first year's discount.

I am with D* for a little over a year now, but I knew exactly what would happen after three months and after the first year and that's why I didn't go for the premium package. I did the research for a time before I went with D*. Of course the first year discount, free HD for life, no upfront costs for equipment, whole home DVR. and no startup costs were the determining factors.

The package is not under contract, but with the free HD for life, DirecTV has it set to discourage you from downgrading as if you downgrade from the Choice Ultimate package it is counteractive as you lose the free hd for life and the bill goes up from it.

#23 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,743 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

Right, packages aren't part of the contract, just service. You could downgrade to the Entertainment package if you wanted to, though losing the free HD etc. The only restriction on how long you must keep programming is that once subscribed to a premium like HBO, you must keep it 30 days, or else there is a $10 fee.

#24 OFFLINE   1gkdave

1gkdave

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

I'm an in house inside sales rep here in Southern California, just found this site and I'm glad I did, I lurked for a while but now decided to register and post. Anyone have any in house questions you'd like answered I'd be more than happy to assist anyone.

#25 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

The day of the door to door salesman has come and gone. You need a new gig.

Tell them if they don't guarantee you minimum wage they need to find another sucker.

In fact if you are young and a high school graduate, join the air force or coast guard.

#26 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Hello everyone, I am a DirecTV sales rep, I just found this page and was hoping to find other sales reps. I do mostly door to door and am starting to lose motivation with the sales being very low last month and this month. Any advice?

Do you have D* or are you selling a product you know almost nothing about?

#27 OFFLINE   1gkdave

1gkdave

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

The point of being in a discussion forum leads to a certain extent a level of anonymity and well although not disclosed due to my said anonymity, actually otherwise noted I'm not saying my views are of the company or that they are not thats why i have a screen name that does not disclose my name or anything, I have already received 6 pms warning me about stating that my views are only mine and not of the company, which is ridiculous to think otherwise, ive yet to post anything and i already feel the most unwelcome ive ever felt in any discussion board. I would have gladly partaken in lots of discussing hell even give it out discounts to users here just because I'm nice and enjoy discussion. Now i feel completely unwelcome and it's a shame. My apologies for Coming onto this site in the first place. I will discontinue use of this site after today.

#28 OFFLINE   DirecTView Satellite

DirecTView Satellite

• Registered
  • 1 posts
  • LocationIDAHO, OREGON, OKLAHOMA, MISSOURI, KANSAS

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:08 PM

The last few times I have been in Best Buy the DirecTV sales reps have approached me. I usually don't notice their DirecTV shirts and ask them to point me to something in the weekly ad, which they have no clue about. Then they ask me about my TV service. I tell them I have DirecTV, Genie and Whole Home. They then want a high 5.

I am not sure they are providing much for DirecTV other then annoying current customers or other customers that are happy with their provider. I have seen and heard customers voice their displeasure and go out of their way to avoid them.

Actually... The reps in the big box stores all work for sales contractors that are under Smart Circle - They sell about 400,000 jobs annually, with about 300,000 actually getting installed.

#29 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,315 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

Actually... The reps in the big box stores all work for sales contractors that are under Smart Circle - They sell about 400,000 jobs annually, with about 300,000 actually getting installed.

Those are the worst sales persons ever.  I have yet to see one person that was happy from the sale.  There is always a problem.  Biggest one is building SD work orders and promising customers they are getting HD, because they won't qualify....

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#30 OFFLINE   dishinitout

dishinitout

Mentor

• Registered
  • 258 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

Talk about digging up an old thread for no reason, and for it being a first post not sure why......

But I concur smart circle is the worst retailer to do business with.

Sent from my SM-N900V using DBSTalk mobile app

SL5, SWM16, 1 HR44, 1 HR34, 2 HR24, 2 C31, 1 C41W

#31 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

I looked into one of these and perhaps "Smart Circle" is what's at the top, but it was a multilevel [aka pyramid] marketing scheme/scam.

At the entry level "the training" is full of falsehoods, so if you actually know DirecTV, you need to be comfortable lying to your perspective customers.

I submitted a modified "sales pitch" which I could live with and I was told I couldn't use it and had to use "the script".

This was my last day.  :hair:  :rolling:   

I want to welcome DirecTView Satellite to the forum, while the age of this thread is such that it needs closing.

A.K.A VOS

spam firewall