Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

BUG REPORT: Guide only has two shows in it followed by 9 days of "No Info Avil"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dualtriamp

Dualtriamp

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 06:54 PM

BUG REPORT: Guide only has two shows in it followed by 9 days of "No Information Available".

Called advanced tech they had me reboot multiple ways. Then check signal strength and check switch.
No resolution.

Software version: L145HECD-N
Bootstrap version: 120B
Flash version: F051

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 07:39 PM

Make sure you leave the 921 in standby tonight, and the guide data will be back tomorrow.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#3 OFFLINE   Dualtriamp

Dualtriamp

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 07:51 PM

I asked that question of the ATR and he verified what my experience has been with 721's. They should use the second tuner to download the "new" guide information for a week from now. But I had the guide for all 9 days after the initial 45 minute download and it has disappeared.

#4 Guest_scottct1_*

Guest_scottct1_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:07 AM

Usually on the first day the guide is only 2 hours into the future. After its first night it downloads the full 9 day guide.

I consider this a bug since on a 721 when you plug it in it downloads the 9 day guide on the second tuner.

#5 OFFLINE   Slordak

Slordak

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 08:19 AM

For my 921, when I first received it, I had programming information for what was currently playing, and in some cases one program beyond what was currently playing, but yes, everything else showed up as no information available.

However, I turned the unit off, went to sleep, and the next morning the full program guide was there. This may be the expected behavior, where the system needs a long undisturbed period of off/standby time in order to retrieve the full program guide.

#6 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 10:57 AM

FOX-W guide data was screwed up for me last night on my 921, but the rest was OK. I have NO idea what triggered THAT.

I'm assuming everything is back to normal today.
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

Protected By... spam firewall...And...