Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

TiVO VOD not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CaptBobH

CaptBobH

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

I am posting this here to get more exposure as this is posted without out a answer in the TiVo section way back in June/July...

So I have a NEW TiVo unit and it's HARD WIRED to my Internet router...the first couple of days I had no trouble downloading old TV shows like Men of a Certain Age on channel 1245 (TNT)...then our of the blue it stopped downloading them...it puts them in queue and then starting it's "Preparing" cycle...after 1-2 minutes it then shows no shows in "Queue" to download...then if you go to "To Do" list and enter history it shows that show "WAS NOT FOUND" and so nothing ever gets downloaded from the DirecTV on Demand....after SEVERAL times on the phone with the techs at D* they now insist I need a "Wireless Cinema Connection Kit"...I REALLY don't think this is going to help but it's being sent to me...

They could not answer how I downloaded the show when I first got this unit...AND BTW....I CAN STILL DOWNLOAD their FREE Extended Previews of Paid per View shows....

Can anyone here help explain this and do you think this "KIT" they are sending will solve my problem.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME...

Bob

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

...do you think this "KIT" they are sending will solve my problem.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME...

Bob

I don't install many THR-22's. Unless something has changed then a THR-22 can't "setup" a WCCK. You would need an HDDVR for that, or a computer. Folks on this website could help you with the computer setup part. DirecTv would be clueless. I sort of doubt it will help.
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#3 OFFLINE   CaptBobH

CaptBobH

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

sam, so what you're saying is this Wireless Cinema Kit will be USELESS as I suspected...I'm thinking...why would a WIRELESS connection work and not my hardwire setup as it is now....

WHY did VOD work on this TiVo unit when I first got it but not now...

Kind of sounds like I'm never going to get to the bottom of this...HOPEFULLY someone will chime in that has a TiVo downloading DirecTV on Demand.

#4 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Posting the make/model of your router/modem/ISP would likely attract the attention of a geek.
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

Protected By... spam firewall...And...