Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TiVO VOD not working

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   curtsizemore

curtsizemore

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

I have found that I can download VOD from HBO, Starz and History channels. Can we start a running list of the ones everyone can download? I have all the movie channels, and I can't download Showtime or Cinamax.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   CaptBobH

CaptBobH

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

I have downloaded from Showtime one day and then can't for a week or two...same with all the other channels....basically gave up on it.

#23 OFFLINE   speedy4022

speedy4022

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

I downloaded a movie from cinemax today. I guess it is hit or miss on whether or not it will work. I always try to download first if it does not work I set up a recording.
Mike
Directv user since 96 :)

#24 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 806 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

Yeah I believe this is a known issue.
This is also why I had my THR22 replaced with an HR24.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#25 OFFLINE   dberes_1

dberes_1

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

DirectV did finally get back to me and admitted it's a known issue that their engineers are working on - with no update on timeframe - I guess we just wait and see if it gets fixed. I imagine the urgency isn't there considering Tivo's a small % of their customer base - wait and see.

#26 OFFLINE   speedy4022

speedy4022

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Today I can't download anything but Directv cinema movies
Mike
Directv user since 96 :)

#27 OFFLINE   deedwar

deedwar

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

I had the same problem with my DirecTV TiVo.   It would get stuck at "preparing" and then tell me I had no downloads in queue.   I finally got past the problem by doing a restart with the "Clear Thumb Ratings and Suggestions" option.  

#28 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 698 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

I had the same problem with my DirecTV TiVo. It would get stuck at "preparing" and then tell me I had no downloads in queue. I finally got past the problem by doing a restart with the "Clear Thumb Ratings and Suggestions" option.

Anyone else recently experiencing the same problem listed above should do a RBR. This is all it will take to fix the issue. Once done, your downloads should be back to normal and work fine.

11 DirecTV HD-DVR's including a Genie and GenieGO

#29 OFFLINE   bfdent

bfdent

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

I just got a DirecTV THR22 Tivo installed (which I purchased from weaknees.com) and NO on-demand content is showing up anywhere, after a week's time.

The only thing that shows up is movies you have to pay for ala pay-per-view or pay-per-view previews.
Had a tech come out today--a week and 2 days after the install and he couldn't fix it.

I had the tivo daisy chained to my smart TV (to keep my hard-wired ethernet connection for my netflix) via the second ethernet jack on the back of the tivo.

The guy said to take that out that patch cable from the tivo and wait a few days to see if it would work--what are the chances this will do anything--how about zero?

I also have a newly installed Directv branded HD dvr in another room connected the very same way as the tivo and the on-demand functions as it should on that unit.

So as of March 5, 2014, Directv on-demand on a tivo THR22 does not work at all.

Did they cut the cord on it sometime in late 2013?

#30 OFFLINE   sbl

sbl

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 847 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

What happens if you tune into the 1xxx channels? Or can you not see those at all?

You do need the THR22 to believe it is connected to the Internet in order to see the VOD content, not that it wlll do you any good in my experience. Does the THR22 think the network status is ok?

Steve

My Setup

#31 OFFLINE   CaptBobH

CaptBobH

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

Update since I started this thread over 1 year ago.......

I went through hell with DirecTV trying to get VOD to work correctly.......as I once mentioned it worked for things I would have to pay for and free stuff but then after a week or so only pay per view stuff......so they sent me all kinds of gadgets to all onto my system.....none made sense or worked......after insisting on a tech to see what he could do they finally sent one out......and he couldn't understand why it would download pay per view stuff but not the free stuff....he left and I basically gave up.....then months later I tried it and BINGO it works fine.....so whatever DirecTV is doing on their end is the problem. Bottomline now is I don't even bother to use VOD anymore and plan on pulling the plug on DirecTV because of their never ending HIGH COST....so come good weather, goodbye DirecTV and hello rooftop antenna.... 

I hope the rest of you can get your issues cleared up with DirecTV......for me many years ago, they were a option to the hated cable company.....now they are just a wireless cable company IMHO.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...