Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Client and tv resolutions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

Did i miss something?? why wont the clients auto detect the tv over hdmi like all the other recievers?? Seems to be a big PITA setting up all the resolutions manually, hope that gets resolved soon!!!
Dish -- 722k, 722, 612, 512, 510

Directv -- HR34, HR24, 2 H25's, 2 H24's

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

that figures, i think this was fixed the day after i posted about it LOL

Now the clients pick up what the tv can do, thats awesome, saves a bunch of time.

Also they changed the guide first to default again THANK YOU!!!!!

#3 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,189 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

that figures, i think this was fixed the day after i posted about it LOL

Now the clients pick up what the tv can do, thats awesome, saves a bunch of time.

Also they changed the guide first to default again THANK YOU!!!!!

Though in a related "curiosity" I guess, under the hidden "Miscellaneous Options" feature in an HD receiver menu, used for reasons I can't get into here ;) . It list the supported TV resolutions a receiver automatically detects over an HDMI connection.

Yet 480i is never listed as one of them, which of course any HDTV obviously has. The list always starts at 480p and then up from there.

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

Not 100% true, there are many brand/models of HDTV's that do not support 480i over HDMI.

#5 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,189 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Not 100% true, there are many brand/models of HDTV's that do not support 480i over HDMI.

Well all mine in the home do :), yet none of the HD receivers here list indicate 480i as a supported resolution under "Misc. Options." Inconsequential of course, but still a curiosity.

However, thanks for the correction. While obviously as "HD" in the name HDMI states its mainly for high definition signals, I really thought all HDTVs nevertheless support something as basic as a 480i SD input over the HDMI connection.

#6 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Though in a related "curiosity" I guess, under the hidden "Miscellaneous Options" feature in an HD receiver menu, used for reasons I can't get into here ;) . It list the supported TV resolutions a receiver automatically detects over an HDMI connection.

Yet 480i is never listed as one of them, which of course any HDTV obviously has. The list always starts at 480p and then up from there.

Which is probrably related to the problem of the box starting up in 480p mode which is a truly bad idea, some of the tvs i hook up component but can only do 480i, every time the receiver restarts they have what appears to be a scrambled video signal on the tv till it reverts to 480i once loaded. And yes those tvs do look better hooked up component rather than composite. T

They shoudl REALLY fix that design flaw there, esp for mpeg 4 market that get forced hd equipment.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...