Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No Sling since last update

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 359 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Hi, this does seem very bizarre. If the sling adapter will not activate (red light on top) then nothing else will make any difference. Can you please send me your account or phone number so I can review your notes and see if there is anything else we can try? Thank you!

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 3:30pm-12:00am, Monday 11:30am-8:00pm (MST)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

OK everyone, stumped completely with this sling business.
I've been working with a guy over at DishForum. Here's what we've done
We first replaced the Sling adapter - no joy
Replaced the Hopper - no joy
Rebooted
Opened ports 80/443/5678 per DISH dude
Added the Hopper to the routers DMZ - no joy

I get no red LED on top of the adapter and the Hopper doesn't seem to recognize it's even plugged in

What do I do now?

What is the sling firmware? Nothing happens when you try all three USB ports?

#23 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Sling version is 05.03.034. On the previous Hopper it was 05.04.034, so it seems I've backed up!

Nothing at all happens on all 3 USB ports. When I move the EHDs around, I get the appropriate responses

#24 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Does anyone else have a sling adapter connected through their Hopper and using a Cisco EA4500 wireless router?

If so, what settings, if any, did you have to change?

#25 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 892 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Does anyone else have a sling adapter connected through their Hopper and using a Cisco EA4500 wireless router?

If so, what settings, if any, did you have to change?

I've been following this issue for a while and it appears to me there must be some kind of incompatibility issue with your system. Could it be the wireless? Is it possible to Hardwire the Hopper to the net? and is the red light an indication of power or connection to the net?
Apologies if this has been hashed over previously but everything has been replaced and still you are nonfunctional. It's interesting because there have been numerous reports of EHDs having to be reset for Hopper to see them and that was after the last update.....both EHDs and Sling... USB driven....:confused:

I have a AirPort system with no issues ever with the Hopper (hardwired), the 922 was another story but the problems were always on Dish's end.
Thank you and
Best of luck

#26 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

I am hardwired through a switch to my router. I'm wondering if there's something incompatible with this router (Cisco EA-4500). Everything else I have works just fine through it. I have 10 devices running through it with no issues - except the sling.

As to what the red LED means, I don't know, but it seems to indicate power (USB).

When we replaced the Sling adapter, I hooked it up to the old Hopper and it powered on (red LED) first time, then was dead the second day. I'm still at a loss.

#27 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 892 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I am hardwired through a switch to my router. I'm wondering if there's something incompatible with this router (Cisco EA-4500). Everything else I have works just fine through it. I have 10 devices running through it with no issues - except the sling.

As to what the red LED means, I don't know, but it seems to indicate power (USB).

When we replaced the Sling adapter, I hooked it up to the old Hopper and it powered on (red LED) first time, then was dead the second day. I'm still at a loss.

The ten devices connected could be an issue. Have you tried disconnecting stuff to see if anything happens with Sling?
And, the Hopper is hardwired...? or are you using one of those USB wireless things at the Hopper to connect?
There have been reports of wireless problems with Hopper.
Thank you and
Best of luck

#28 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

Most of the devices are not on at the same time. For instance, 3 iPhones, 2 iPads, XBOX, printer, etc, so I'm pretty sure having 10 devices is not an issue.

It's hardwired

spam firewall