Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24-100 - What happened?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   aubie71

aubie71

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

I record CBS Sunday Morning every week. Turned the tube on a little earlier this afternoon to watch it. All of my recordings of other shows were gone, probably between 40-60 hours.

The list showed 617 recordings of CBSSM, all today. Clicked on it and it showed a 39 minute partial. Watched that and everything was normal. Must have taken 5 minutes to delete all of them.

There was a thunderstorm in the area about 5:00 AM, but no power outage or spike and all electronics are OK. Did this on both DVR's.

Really chaps my butt.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,069 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Are you using an eSATA drive or just the stock internal drive?

Have you tried a reboot?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,846 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

All that rain might have caused the signal to go out and come back on, but that is an extreme amout of recordings for the same time frame.
Wow.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

I would recommend sending a report and then doing a Menu Restart.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#5 OFFLINE   aubie71

aubie71

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Using the standard internal drive. Sent the diagnostic report. The key # is 20121216-2183. Rebooted. Seems strange that it did this on both dvr's of course it seems strange that it did it at all.

#6 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Using the standard internal drive. Sent the diagnostic report. The key # is 20121216-2183. Rebooted. Seems strange that it did this on both dvr's of course it seems strange that it did it at all.

Did the Menu Restart help at all?

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#7 OFFLINE   aubie71

aubie71

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Nope, nothing changed. Recording now to see if that is ok.

#8 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

I record CBS Sunday Morning every week. Turned the tube on a little earlier this afternoon to watch it. All of my recordings of other shows were gone, probably between 40-60 hours.

The list showed 617 recordings of CBSSM, all today. Clicked on it and it showed a 39 minute partial. Watched that and everything was normal. Must have taken 5 minutes to delete all of them.

There was a thunderstorm in the area about 5:00 AM, but no power outage or spike and all electronics are OK. Did this on both DVR's.

Really chaps my butt.

Do you have your HRs on an UPS. If not, you should seriously consider it. You don't think you had a poweer problem, but it sure looks like a momentary drop and surge that did you in, especially if both boxes were affected.

Edited by azarby, 17 December 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,645 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

I record CBS Sunday Morning every week. Turned the tube on a little earlier this afternoon to watch it. All of my recordings of other shows were gone, probably between 40-60 hours...

I had a similar issue, where I tried to record a show that was 30 minutes long, but the show was repeated every half hour on the channel. Although I tried to record just one show, it recorded for a straight day and a half before I caught it.

Shows set for KUID were intact; shows not set for KUID were mostly gone. Ever since, I have been setting everything I can't afford to lose, to KUID.

In my case, other than the mistake of continuing to record all night and day, my DVR was doing exactly what I told it to: keep these shows and don't keep those shows.

And that raises the question: were your recordings set for KUID? And were programs deleted even though you still had plenty of space on the HDD?

But in my case as well as in yours (especially since it did it on both DVRs) I think you can chalk this up to a programming typo from DTV. The only protection against their failure to do due diligence is KUID.
It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#10 OFFLINE   Blackwing

Blackwing

AllStar

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

I have had the same issue with a hr24/100 i now have no programs to manage no history and 100% of space available to record.
Talked to tech service and they are looking into why this happened , i told them i received an update at 3:32am 12/19/2012 0x62c
My hr24 is like it was they day the installer put it in. there are no user settings at all.
Such a shame there is no back up.
Slimline-5
HR24-100
HR21-100
H21-200
all tv's are only 1080i

#11 OFFLINE   aubie71

aubie71

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Everything was KUID.

#12 OFFLINE   aubie71

aubie71

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Blackwing, sounds like the exact situation I had. My update was 3:somethiing on the 16th.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...