Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Take It All - NBC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,114 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

Well, NBC tried another game show ... and even though it received the endorsement of host Howie Mandel the lack of a thread here makes me think I'm the only one who watched it. Or perhaps I'm the only one to admit it. :D

Take It All is a game show with the following format:
Round One
Five contestants are introduced one at a time with backstage video clips.
Each contestant chooses a "box" from the "dream screen".
The second through fifth contestant can, instead of choosing an unopened box, try to take another contestant's prize. If the contestant with that prize does not want to give it up they can "lock" their prize and the current contestant can go for someone else's prize or a "dream screen" box.
If a contestant's prize is taken they can take another contestant's price (not the one they just lost) or from the screen.
If at the end of the round no one has taken the first contestant's prize they have the choice to try to take someone else's prize.
At the end of the round the contestant with the lowest valued prize goes away with nothing.
During the reveal Howie gets to torment the contestants as to who is going home.

BTW: The prizes are represented by objects ... a sailor's cap for a boat, keys for a car, towels for a sauna, hot dogs for a hot dog cart.

Round Two
The four remaining contestants do the same as the first round, in order of the value of the prizes from the first round.
At the end of the round the contestant with the lowest valued prize in that round goes home losing all prizes.

Round Three
Did you guess? More of the same to get down to the final two.
Send a third contestant home with nothing.

Final Round
Each contestant has their three prizes and picks a case with an unknown cash amount in it that ranges from $25k to $250k. Then they have to choose:
To they want to "Keep Mine" or (everyone in the crowd chant) "Take It All".
If both contestants "Keep Mine" both get the prizes they won plus cash.
If one contestant says "Take It All" the other contestant gets nothing and they get six prizes plus both cash amounts. If both contestants get greedy and "Take It All" the show ends with no winners.

The whole thing is nuts ... overacted, people too happy about prizes they will likely lose. And the end game where they stand two people up against each other to try to convince each other to "Keep Mine" while lying about making the same choice gets annoying. Sometimes both keep their word and both get something but to "Take It All" it takes a liar who can convince the other to trust them.

As a six night special this past week I hope it is done.

I watched it via DVR ... zipping through most of the show just to see the outcome. I can't see wasting the time to watch it if it becomes regular.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,790 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

NBC: No Broadcast Content.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#3 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

The final round sounds like a rip-off of Friend or Foe?

#4 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

The final round sounds like a rip-off of Friend or Foe?

It is 100% copy of Friend or Foe...
The only change is that there is a mystery/unknown cash prize.

In general, the show isn't going to last... it isn't all that appealing and the format is too slow...
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,044 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

It is 100% copy of Friend or Foe...
The only change is that there is a mystery/unknown cash prize.

In general, the show isn't going to last... it isn't all that appealing and the format is too slow...

Yeah...it does seem to mosey along at a slow pace....
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#6 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,668 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

I sat through a round and half of one episode and then thought to myself - is there really nothing else on and am I really this bored.

I turned the TV off.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...