Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Question

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

i just did it when i was in branson on my laptop and watched something on tbs
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,576 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

They do check for a feed and you do get 771s, but the recorded content plays just as it does at home. I've never tried it for more than 7 days.

You da man! Thanks to actual facts and experience by you and others here, I was inspired to take my HR20 to my GFs house for this Xmas day, as I am giving her sons a medium Sammy for a present, and wanted to have something that'd play HD stuff. Sure enough, testing it at home yesterday, it plays stuff from months ago (when I unplugged it; it hasn't seen a sat. since then) just fine. So, it'll be great for a demo. And, ugh, they have Dish, not even sure if it's HD....

Happy Holidays!
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#43 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,614 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Thanks to actual facts and experience by you and others here, I was inspired to take my HR20 to my GFs house for this Xmas day, as I am giving her sons a medium Sammy for a present, and wanted to have something that'd play HD stuff. Sure enough, testing it at home yesterday, it plays stuff from months ago (when I unplugged it; it hasn't seen a sat. since then) just fine.

OK...you're now assigned as the director of media entertainment in a couple of weeks. ;):D
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#44 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,576 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

OK...you're now assigned as the director of media entertainment in a couple of weeks. ;):D

:hurah:
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#45 ONLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

i just did it when i was in branson on my laptop and watched something on tbs

I meant to ask about this before the holidays hit. Exactly where are you going on the Directv website to view additional live channels outside of the home. When I tried this via my laptop, outside the home, there were no additional live channels to watch other than what was available via the iPad. There are links to a number of individual shows, but nothing for live TV.

You specifically mentioned TBS, the only thing I see regarding TBS is a link to the TBS website from the Directv website.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

spam firewall