Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

My Dish Billing Rant

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 807 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Ahh okay that makes more sense somewhat, Why not pay on the due date instead of when you CC update info? Maybe that's how their system works, That also defeats the purpose for autopay if you should be covered for bill pay automatically prior to the next billing cycle.

Cannot pay on due date.[ unless, maybe you use a different CC] Must update info 7 days prior, the CSR explained it takes about that much time for the new information to process. I asked him to repeat that because I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Bullcrap!

Amazon and Verizon did it on the spot.

JL is right, it throws everything off, plus, now I'll have to watch the calendar to make sure it gets done on [ Dish's] schedule so I don't get dinged. [ No, I won't pay it early, why should I have to?]

How can a company this size be so backward?

I still say Ergen needs to get with the program and make it easier to GIVE HIM MONEY.:lol:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

You're not understanding the glitch ... it gives Charlie his money earlier. Out of the customer's pocket and into the company's faster. :lol:

I hope they get it fixed ... the unexpected early payment can throw off a budget. But the solution for consumers is clear ... only update your credit card info just before a payment is due - when one can afford to make an early payment.

Its not a glitch. Its intended this is one of the first things that the CSR training classes teach because they want to make sure the CSR's make it very clear that updating CC info with a balance on the account will charge the CC.

It will only be "fixed" if Dish changes its policy on the matter.
edit:

Must update info 7 days prior

Maybe im misreading... But you dont have to do it with in the last week before the bill is charged, you have to do it at minimum a week beforehand.
If you update the CC with in the same week that the bill will be charged the information may not be processed in time and the old CC maybe charged or alternatively as many of you have noticed the new card gets charged immidiately when the info is changed but a month later it reverts back to your old card. Want to know why? Because your doing it to late, I'd do it no later then 8 days prior to your bill being charged.

#43 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 807 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Its not a glitch. Its intended this is one of the first things that the CSR training classes teach because they want to make sure the CSR's make it very clear that updating CC info with a balance on the account will charge the CC.

It will only be "fixed" if Dish changes its policy on the matter.
edit:

Maybe im misreading... But you dont have to do it with in the last week before the bill is charged, you have to do it at minimum a week beforehand.
If you update the CC with in the same week that the bill will be charged the information may not be processed in time and the old CC maybe charged or alternatively as many of you have noticed the new card gets charged immidiately when the info is changed but a month later it reverts back to your old card. Want to know why? Because your doing it to late, I'd do it no later then 8 days prior to your bill being charged.

CSR said 7 days prior to the date the card will be billed. In my case it would be on the 7th of March as bill date is 14th. However, I will take your advise and do it 8 days before.

I still say this whole thing is BOGUS on Dish's part.

Shoddy way to do business.:mad:

#44 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

I wonder how many people on paperless and autopay that want to update their CC info online, And didnt realize that they get charged immediately to only find out on the bills due date that they have a late fee or have the previous amount and current due(double billing) But if you have autopay does it get paid automatically and have $0 balance on your next billing cycle? Or just paperless and they send you a email of the immediate charge?

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...