Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

WRAL/WRAZ in Raleigh???

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   RL_Bynum

RL_Bynum

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I "think" most customers in the western part of Wake County get channel 2 and can watch the programing. Do you get some sort of on screen message?

If it's a network program, it says that it "is blacked out on this channel." If it's a local program, it says "not available in your area." Really doesn't make sense considering I get even Fox network programming on WGHP.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jamieh1

jamieh1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

http://www.directv.c...questid=2814533

Some parts can receive neighboring local channels. Look by zip code. Or just select the Ral/Durham market in the tab.

#23 OFFLINE   RL_Bynum

RL_Bynum

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

Some parts can receive neighboring local channels. Look by zip code. Or just select the Ral/Durham market in the tab.

According to a search off of that link, I should be getting WFMY. I've talked to DirecTV before and was told that I shouldn't be getting it. Might be worth another call.

#24 OFFLINE   SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot

Godfather

• Registered
  • 826 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

I see that Time Warner Cable dropping NBC 17 is even a greater possibility than DirecTV dropping WRAL and WRAZ. I would rather see all three dropped than see DirecTV and TWC giving in to the demands of these stations. I believe that DirecTV and TWC are doing the stations a favor by getting their signals to more viewers. If the channels go dark on DirecTV or TWC, it is the stations that lose viewers, and therefore, advertisement dollars. When will they learn?

You might want to learn exactly what happens to advertising dollars before stating "When will THEY learn?".

#25 OFFLINE   RL_Bynum

RL_Bynum

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Just called DirecTV and the representative made it so I now get WFMY.

Edited by RL_Bynum, 29 December 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#26 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Just called DirecTV and the representative made it so I now get WFMY.

In addition to WRAL?
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#27 OFFLINE   RL_Bynum

RL_Bynum

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

In addition to WRAL?

Yes. WFMY appears to only be in SD, though.

#28 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

make me regret getting rid of my AM21 on HR24 but at least I have a hr20-700 hooked up to antenna. if this goes on much longer may move another hr20 that isnt connected to antenna to were my hr24 is to make sure I have access in living room.

Did they give you the Greensboro CBS because your in overlap or you just complained you dont have access???

#29 OFFLINE   RL_Bynum

RL_Bynum

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

make me regret getting rid of my AM21 on HR24 but at least I have a hr20-700 hooked up to antenna. if this goes on much longer may move another hr20 that isnt connected to antenna to were my hr24 is to make sure I have access in living room.

Did they give you the Greensboro CBS because your in overlap or you just complained you dont have access???

I pointed out that on DirecTV's website, in the link somebody posted earlier in this thread, on the Raleigh-Durham DMA page it says that Durham SHOULD get WFMY and it also lists my ZIP code as getting WFMY.

I said earlier that it was in SD. It's actually HD, but doesn't take up the whole screen. Same as what I get for WGHP.

#30 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

what makes me mad about the WRAL thing is they were one of the leaders that shutdown network feeds that we used to get. I still miss getting PBS network feed and also the national feed for each network this way I didnt get my CBS programming screwed up by ACC basketball and having to record 2 - 5 AM to make sure I see preempted shows.

MY OTA works great so WRAL and WRAZ can go off Directv and wont affect me any just may have to swap two receivers and add coax into the HR20 OTA

#31 OFFLINE   RL_Bynum

RL_Bynum

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

WRAL just announced on its Twitter account that it has reached a deal with DirecTV. No interruption of service.

#32 OFFLINE   jamieh1

jamieh1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Just announced on WRAL News, also Directv ALERTS 5.1 and 50.1 removed from Directv.

#33 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 519 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

i read on satelliteguys.us they just reached a deal with Directv to stay on the air

#34 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,094 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Yet another dispute resolved before the channels were ever taken off DirecTV.

#35 OFFLINE   RL_Bynum

RL_Bynum

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Luckily, it usually turns out that way. A notable exception was Versus a couple of years ago.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...