Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else with issues on Sony Movie Ch.?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   crawdad62

crawdad62

Godfather

• Registered
  • 286 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

I was watching "Five Easy Pieces" today on Sony Movie Channel and I heard a lot of almost what I'd call "background" static. I only heard it when there was dialog. Sort of like when someone is too close to the mic while speaking. Anyway it would sort of pop and every time it did it made the audio more and more out of sync. A lot out of sync. I could change channels and it would sync back up. I ended up turning my HR24's audio to DD off and that seemed to fix the sync issue but the static remained.

Anyone?

#2 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 276 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Sorry, no issues with me (well, except for CC) on SMC. I just did your test and observed nothing out of the ordinary using various scenes, loudness, etc. I don't use a DVR, i have the H-25, so maybe it's a hardware issue with DirecTV, i don't know. But i watch the Sony Channel a lot, especially late at night, and the dialogue is clear and unobstructed.

#3 OFFLINE   crawdad62

crawdad62

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Thanks. Yeah I've watched it over the last few days and haven't had any trouble with it. I'm not sure if it was just something inherent to that movie (which was sort of old) or not but everything seems well now. Thanks again.

spam firewall