Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Deca and Hardwired?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hornnumb2

Hornnumb2

Legend

• Registered
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

Ok I got a HR34 installed last week, I was previously on the unsupported hardwired home network. The installer added deca to the 3 bedroom boxes but left the hr34,hr21 and the hr22 still hardwired. As I get my programs watched i will be getting rid of 2 boxes but as of now is it ok to have a mix in the system?

Michael

My system:
HR44 Genie
HR23-100
(2) R22-100

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

It's okay, but the HR21 and HR22 should have DECAs attached. The HR34 has an internal DECA unit. You should call back DirecTV and get that corrected. What are the models of the bedroom receivers?

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,702 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Just a guess but the sig indicates (2) R22-100 machines:grin:

It is odd the installer did not DECA the whole lot together though. Perhaps he did not have a 16 but 2 8s?

Don "or he must have needed to run out to get some SPF42,000 for Friday's heat wave!danger::flaiming" Bolton

It's okay, but the HR21 and HR22 should have DECAs attached. The HR34 has an internal DECA unit. You should call back DirecTV and get that corrected. What are the models of the bedroom receivers?

- Merg

Edited by lugnutathome, 18 December 2012 - 06:11 PM.

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#4 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

It is odd the installer did not DECA the whole lot together though. Perhaps he did not have a 16 but 2 8s?

Don "or he must have needed to run out to get some SPF42,000 for Friday's heat wave!danger::flaiming" Bolton

Reading via the DBSTalk app... No sigs displayed... :)

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#5 OFFLINE   Maa2p

Maa2p

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPalmyra, VA

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

For some reason, a D* installer put an external DECA Adapter (CCK) on the HR-34 Genie & (3) CR-31 Clients when I upgraded a couple weeks ago. I was having a problem connecting to the internet last night, so I removed it off the system and then connected the cat 5 directly to the back of the HR-34 and the internet came right up. The installer should have known it wasn't necessary but he said he had only been on the job 11 months.

Directv HR-34 Genie & (3) CR-31 Clients
AM-21
Slingbox 500

#6 OFFLINE   dielray

dielray

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

For some reason, a D* installer put an external DECA Adapter (CCK) on the HR-34 Genie & (3) CR-31 Clients when I upgraded a couple weeks ago. I was having a problem connecting to the internet last night, so I removed it off the system and then connected the cat 5 directly to the back of the HR-34 and the internet came right up. The installer should have known it wasn't necessary but he said he had only been on the job 11 months.

The ability for the HR34 to act as a bridge is not communicated to the techs.

Even if the tech knows of the ability, the lack of an official ok might cause some techs to avoid it.
DirecTV Technician
My thoughts and opinions are my own, and do not necessarily represent those of DirecTV, my HSP, or anyone else.

#7 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,967 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

Sweet! That you knew exactly what to do....
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#8 OFFLINE   iceman2a

iceman2a

Icon

• Registered
  • 540 posts
  • LocationBOSTON, MA.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

I Love Don's Sigs!!!:joy::joy:
HR21-200
HR20/700
2 H21-200

spam firewall