Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DVR died. I don't want to pay $20 for shipping. What to do?

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,467 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

You probably spend more than $20 for other entertainment expenses such as Beer or whatever so just pay the $20 and don't look like a cheapskate!!!

I bought an HR24-500 and still had to pay $20 for the Access Card which was no big deal since I didn't want any billing charges related to the previous Owner's Access Card Bills.
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot

Godfather

• Registered
  • 720 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

That possibly doesn't cover the actual cost of the freight.
If I remember correctly they use FedX 2 day delivery.
I just sent my mother a prepaid grocery store card. It was $7.50 for 3 day delivery.

DirecTV has a volume discount with FedEx. I know the discounts we get for $500,000 a week in volume and I suspect DirecTV has a higher weekly volume than that.

What you pay retail is nowhere close to what volume shippers pay.

I can ship an overnight letter via FedEx or UPS cheaper than one can send a USPS priority flat rate envelope without tracking and god knows when delivery.

spam firewall