What happens when you try to schedule a recording via one of the apps or website?
Unbelievable. Using the web site and the Chrome browser, I picked some random HBO movie this afternoon and it apparently allowed me to schedule it. I have been unable to do this successfully for at least six weeks. (Then again, my attempts to do so have tapered off because it never seemed to work. Prior to today, I think I have successfully scheduled two recordings via web site/Android/iPad since I got service in October.) I guess your car won't make that funny noise when you show it to the mechanic, either.
Okay, I tried a second movie for today. Got "We were unable to process your request at this time. Please try again, or call Customer Service at 1-800-531-5000." I hit the Record button again several seconds later from that same screen, and it worked. "This title has been scheduled to record on Fri, Jan 25, 1:30 PM CST on channel 502 HB2eHD for the following receiver(s): LIVING RM - xxxxxxx"
Tried a third program, this time on AMC. It failed despite trying the Record button about six times.
I think the iPad app and the web site present a different message when the error occurs, but you get the point.
The iPad app is hit or miss in even reaching my HR34. When it doesn't, I am not presented with the fields to put in an IP address. When it does, I am presented with the fields, but then I obviously don't need them. It just seems backwards. It's just sort of random and I have to play with it later. The HR34 is, as far as I can tell, happily connected to the internet and I've never had trouble downloading on-demand content.
Also, when I log in on the web site and look at the program guide, it shows me Los Angeles and New York locals (KCBS, WCBS, KABC, WABC, etc.) instead of my own. Sometimes clicking around a bit will magically make my proper locals appear, so it's a bit annoying and unreliable. And nearly useless thus far. With today's playing around, I haven't been able to see my proper locals.