Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV App for iPad v1.9.x: Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,697 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Well, signing out and back in did not work. What it did though is completely reset all of my settings for the app, such as my LiveTV list, etc... :(

- Merg

Sorry about that.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10,237 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Sorry about that.

Not your fault. I didn't think it would do that either.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#63 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,265 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

New version up in the App Store: 1.10.5

What's new:
  • Enhanced Social TV module allows you to comment on friends' check-ins and shares and view their history to discover what types of programs they like.
  • New On Demand button on the remote for instant VOD listings on your TV.
  • Miso Sharing removed.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#64 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,616 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

And what is old: for three versions now audio thru the docking connector is no longer a feature. If this is intentional please advise so I will shut up otherwise, could you please. . .

Using iPad for longbdurations viewing content live gets an inquiry if one wishes to continue watching on iPad. Selecting yes brings you back to an interface unable to resume full screen. Must exit program an restart to correct. IPad2 latest IOS.

Don "it obstructs my view of Venus" Bolton

New version up in the App Store: 1.10.5

What's new:

• Enhanced Social TV module allows you to comment on friends' check-ins and shares and view their history to discover what types of programs they like.
  • New On Demand button on the remote for instant VOD listings on your TV.
  • Miso Sharing removed.

Edited by lugnutathome, 18 March 2013 - 05:05 PM.
Fix the Marvin quote

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#65 OFFLINE   stlmike

stlmike

Legend

• Registered
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Minor annoyance, but it would be nice that when new channels are added to the "Live TV Streaming" section they would be inserted among the existing channels in numerical order, as opposed to just lumping them at the end of the list. As it stands now, you need to edit the list and move the new channels to their proper position.

#66 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 889 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

I have said this before but I wish there was a way to "save" all your info so you can sign out of one account and sign into another without having to enter all your favorites again. Ideally a way to save 2 accounts within the app.

#67 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,265 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Minor annoyance, but it would be nice that when new channels are added to the "Live TV Streaming" section they would be inserted among the existing channels in numerical order, as opposed to just lumping them at the end of the list. As it stands now, you need to edit the list and move the new channels to their proper position.

I agree. However, there is an easier way of sorting the list.

Scroll to the end of the modules in the 'Home' tab and tap on the edit pane. From there, delete and re-add the Live TV module and it will add all of the available channels in the right order.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#68 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,720 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

I agree. However, there is an easier way of sorting the list.

Scroll to the end of the modules in the 'Home' tab and tap on the edit pane. From there, delete and re-add the Live TV module and it will add all of the available channels in the right order.

Wow this would of saved me 20 minutes of sorting yesterday. Wish I saw this post, great suggestion!

One thing that doesn't work with the remote is press and hold commands. My family room H24 has SD outputs feeding a VCR which back feeds my bedroom. Don't watch enough TV in the bedroom for a $6 / month extra box. Plus I can't be in two places at the same time. However on the ipad app I can't press and hold exit to switch between HD / SD. I do have Jensen IR - RF repeaters but they also have a hard time with press and hold commands.

So another way or button to switch the resolution would be great. That and DVR management (todo, manage series, etc). Plus I can never tell how much hard drive space is used unless I'm in the living room in front of the HR24. Be nice if the ipad (and MrV) playlist showed the usage bar graph like it does on the physical DVR.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#69 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,415 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

In case folks missed it, I started a 1.11.x discussion thread here.
/steve

spam firewall