Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Questions about a recent install?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RollTide1017

RollTide1017

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Parents had DirecTV installed yesterday but we are having a few issues and was hoping to get some help.

First, the installer couldn't get the wireless CCK to connect to there router. He left it with them because my dad told him I work in IT and would give it a shot later that night. I did and I was finally able to get it connected but, I had to use the internal IP setup page for the wcck. The HR34 says it is now connected to the internet but none of the features that require an internet connection will load. When I hit the right arrow button to bring up the apps, it says they are loading but then that message disappears but the apps never load. The iPad app cannot see the DVR either. Does it take awhile for everything to get setup or downloaded? Should the ipad app see the DVR right away if it is connected to the internet? I'm not sure the wcck is working right. I just don't know what else to try, the HR34 says it is connected to the internet but nothing that requires the internet seems to work. Even the Directv.com shows the wrong local channels in the online guide and the option set shows/series to record is not there (another reason I think the wcck is not working right).

One last thing about the wcck; we have it hooked up using the coaxial method and it is hooked to one of the C31 units. Could that be an issue? My DirecTV system at my house is hooked up that way and works fine but, mine is the wired deca, not wireless.

Other issue is the iphone and android app has every channel grayed out and says they don't subscribe to the channels. Every channel is like that even though they do subscribe to them. Anyway to fix this?

Last issue; one TV refuses to be controlled by the DTV remote. The brand and model number are in the guide but it still will not work. I've tried telling it I don't know the model or the model isn't listed, still no luck. Is there anyway that the DTV remote can manually learn commands?

Thanks in advance for any help.
ViP 722 - Classic 250 - GoldHD - PlatinumHD
Samsung HLT5089S - Denon AVR2808ci
Oppo BDP-80 (Blu-Ray) - Toshiba HD-A2 (HD DVD)
Paradigm Speakers - SVS PB10-NSD sub
Xbox 360 - Wii

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dielray

dielray

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

Parents had DirecTV installed yesterday but we are having a few issues and was hoping to get some help.

First, the installer couldn't get the wireless CCK to connect to there router. He left it with them because my dad told him I work in IT and would give it a shot later that night. I did and I was finally able to get it connected but, I had to use the internal IP setup page for the wcck. The HR34 says it is now connected to the internet but none of the features that require an internet connection will load. When I hit the right arrow button to bring up the apps, it says they are loading but then that message disappears but the apps never load. The iPad app cannot see the DVR either. Does it take awhile for everything to get setup or downloaded? Should the ipad app see the DVR right away if it is connected to the internet? I'm not sure the wcck is working right. I just don't know what else to try, the HR34 says it is connected to the internet but nothing that requires the internet seems to work. Even the Directv.com shows the wrong local channels in the online guide and the option set shows/series to record is not there (another reason I think the wcck is not working right).

Internet connected features can take up to 24 hours from the time of hook up to function. Press the dash button on the remote and verify "Internet:Connected" shows up.

One last thing about the wcck; we have it hooked up using the coaxial method and it is hooked to one of the C31 units. Could that be an issue? My DirecTV system at my house is hooked up that way and works fine but, mine is the wired deca, not wireless.

This should not be an issue.

Other issue is the iphone and android app has every channel grayed out and says they don't subscribe to the channels. Every channel is like that even though they do subscribe to them. Anyway to fix this?

Not sure on this one, but it could just be a little delayed.

Last issue; one TV refuses to be controlled by the DTV remote. The brand and model number are in the guide but it still will not work. I've tried telling it I don't know the model or the model isn't listed, still no luck. Is there anyway that the DTV remote can manually learn commands?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You can do code search by sliding the top slider to TV.
Press and hold Mute and Select until the light blinks trice.
Enter 9 9 1
Enter 1
Press PWR
Use Channel Up to cycle through codes.
Use Channel Down if you passed one.
Press select to lock in the code.
Test ON and OFF, if it doesn't work, restart the process. It will resume from the last code.

What TV brand is it?
DirecTV Technician
My thoughts and opinions are my own, and do not necessarily represent those of DirecTV, my HSP, or anyone else.

#3 OFFLINE   RollTide1017

RollTide1017

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for the reply. My dad actually called me a few minutes ago and said that the TV apps are now working. So the wcck seems to be working just fine now.

iPhone app still not working.

The TV brand is Coby (cheap little 13" HDTV).
ViP 722 - Classic 250 - GoldHD - PlatinumHD
Samsung HLT5089S - Denon AVR2808ci
Oppo BDP-80 (Blu-Ray) - Toshiba HD-A2 (HD DVD)
Paradigm Speakers - SVS PB10-NSD sub
Xbox 360 - Wii

#4 OFFLINE   dielray

dielray

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

The TV brand is Coby (cheap little 13" HDTV).

Best to do a code search then. Especially with the "cheap" brands, you may find that you can only get PWR and volume to work, but not ON/OFF.
DirecTV Technician
My thoughts and opinions are my own, and do not necessarily represent those of DirecTV, my HSP, or anyone else.

#5 OFFLINE   JonBlack

JonBlack

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

I had the same situation for two of our Coby TVs. Give this code a try (it is not listed by D*):

I found it searching for alternative codes for Coby TVs, when the D* ones wouldn't work. If it works for you let us know.

spam firewall