Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How to distribute signals throughout house

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Now might be a good time for experienced dealers/technicians to post diagrams for whole house distribution systems

I use a VIP612 with an output on SDch3 combined with a SC3 signal combiner. The SC3 combines OTA with ch3 so I can watch satellite or OTA in 7 rooms, without additional receivers fees. I have DVR on CH3 in all 7 rooms and HD only on the 55"TV at the 612. I do have OTA HD in all 7 rooms so that includes FOX, NBC,ABC & CBS. That is cheaper than DISH's hokey DVR fees and outrageous additional receiver fees.

Edited by boba, 19 December 2012 - 05:02 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,709 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Mine is a variation on what I've had since I first started with Dish - I have ChannelPlus 3025 Multiroom modulator which I pass OTA AND NTSC modulated A/V output from my satellite reciever. In the past, when I had a satellite DVR (a 625) - I used a combiner/ splitter feeding the antenna input. Works great !
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#3 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Registered
  • 918 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

I bought a RF modular that out puts on channel 4 for Joey One in Room One

and a other RF Modualtor that outputs on channel 60 for Joey Two in Room Two.

I then combine them using a VHF UHF combiner and send that Coax to 8 other TVs.

I then bought extra remotes on ebay at half price.
"We need more power Scotty" Kirk

#4 OFFLINE   josh22

josh22

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

I am in a situation where I am looking to add a projector to a recently finished home theater. The room has no tv service right now and I would like to know how I can use my current service to supply HD television to the projector. Right now I have one VIP722 supplying service to 2 TVs. The signal will need to come to a Yamaha AVR. Is it possible or do I have to pay for another receiver?

Oh, and OTA HD is not an option.

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

josh22, might be best to start your own thread and add more detail....

Is your Yamaha AVR HDMI capable?
How far is your installed 722 from this HT room?
Do you want to be able to watch something different in your HT room from the 722 location?

There are lots of details that need to be sussed out to give you decent direction. Personally, I would want the HT room to have its own HD receiver.

#6 OFFLINE   josh22

josh22

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

josh22, might be best to start your own thread and add more detail....

Is your Yamaha AVR HDMI capable?
How far is your installed 722 from this HT room?
Do you want to be able to watch something different in your HT room from the 722 location?

There are lots of details that need to be sussed out to give you decent direction. Personally, I would want the HT room to have its own HD receiver.

Yeah, I don't want to hijack so I'll start my own.

Thanks.

spam firewall