Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34-700 locked up

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dyohn

Dyohn

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

My HR34-700 locks up after a reboot. It displays live video and sound from whatever channel it happens to be tuned to, but it fails to respond to any inputs either via remote control or front panel. The only input that seems to be functional is the red reset button. After talking to the DTV Technical Support customer service person, they are sending me a new DVR,

DTV could not confirm if there was a software update last night, as the DVR was working perfectly yesterday evening and then failed on initial power on today, but it feels like a software issue to me.

Edited by Dyohn, 20 December 2012 - 10:19 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   thunder22

thunder22

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

the same thing has been happening to a lot of people, here's the temp fix:

press the red button and do a reset
when it gets to step 2 of 2 hit the red button again for another reset.

This will reset the guide data and fix the problem.

#3 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Registered
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Same issue here. Trying this extra step now. PP Tech support said they are unaware software update as well, lovely :rolleyes

#4 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Registered
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Pressing red button in step 2 worked!!

I hung up on D* support as soon as I saw this thread. They seemed clueless as usual and DBS talk posters to the rescue! :-)

#5 ONLINE   revm1m

revm1m

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

the same thing has been happening to a lot of people, here's the temp fix:

press the red button and do a reset
when it gets to step 2 of 2 hit the red button again for another reset.

This will reset the guide data and fix the problem.

I was told by directv , it was a software problem. I had been rebooting all the long. Now I tried your trick and it worked. THANK YOU THUNDER22:)

#6 OFFLINE   specialkd24

specialkd24

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

THANK YOU.

I should have come here before calling DirecTV. I called to see if they knew what the issue might be. We went through everything (including a lot of simple stuff I knew it wasn't) but the CSR didn't say anything about a software update.

So she wanted to send me a new box, which is great, except for the fact I have over 40 hours of TV shows from this Fall saved, numerous movies and specials and some basketball games I need to record to DVD at some point.

This saved me missing out on all of those.

#7 OFFLINE   Dyohn

Dyohn

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

Wow, thank you for the solution. That fixed my DVR. I will call DTV now and cancel the replacement order. Thank you.

#8 OFFLINE   thunder22

thunder22

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

You're all welcome, and thanks for posting the thanks, that's rare on forums these days!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...