Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No ON DEMAND after update?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mroot

mroot

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

The only ON DEMAND channels I get are 1000 and 1999. I am connected to the internet, as I get both Pandora and YouTube videos and I am sure they come over the net. I was on the phone with DTV for an hour doing all sorts of things, but still no On DEMAND channels. The info screen also says I have internet connection. Methinks the box is hosed? It's an HR24/200. I have scoured the forums to see if anyone else is experiencing this. I noticed the software was updated 6 days ago to version 60 or 62.

Whatcha think?

Mike

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mrmojo

mrmojo

Mentor

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

The only ON DEMAND channels I get are 1000 and 1999. I am connected to the internet, as I get both Pandora and YouTube videos and I am sure they come over the net. I was on the phone with DTV for an hour doing all sorts of things, but still no On DEMAND channels. The info screen also says I have internet connection. Methinks the box is hosed? It's an HR24/200. I have scoured the forums to see if anyone else is experiencing this. I noticed the software was updated 6 days ago to version 60 or 62.

Whatcha think?

Mike

Mike - have you tried rebooting the box? I have had issues after the last few updates and this usually cleared them up for me. The last 2 times a RBR (red button reset) did not clear up the issues but a hard reboot (unplug the box, wait 15 min, plug in) did. After this recent update my box froze when I tried to unlock parental controls for 4 hours. After I entered my code the box stayed on the screen and all controls were unresponsive.

#3 OFFLINE   mroot

mroot

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

I have reset the box. Reset all network settings twice. Just about everything you can imagine. I have not tried unplugging it, but will give that a shot. I personally think it is box failure, but also thought it may have had something to do with the recent update.

M

#4 OFFLINE   larry55

larry55

Legend

• Registered
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

call back and tell direc to turn the demand on.that what i had to about six months ago.

#5 OFFLINE   mroot

mroot

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

I just checked and they are back. I'm guessing they figured it out and turned them back on! Thanks for your response!

Mike

spam firewall