Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Mixed SD and HD access

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Zamos

Zamos

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

DISH: I have (or shortly will have) a receiver capable of HD. I have multiple physical receivers. Is activating HD on my account global (I'm told there is a "free for life" option), or per receiver?

Will activating HD impact other receivers that I don't want HD on?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Adding HD programming to your account provides HD to any HD receiver that has an HD compatible TV connected to the receiver. You can participate in our HD Free For Life promotion that eliminates the normal $10 per month HD charge. It requires a new 24 month commitment and Auto Pay with paperless billing or you can pay a 1 time $99 activation fee. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

DISH: I have (or shortly will have) a receiver capable of HD. I have multiple physical receivers. Is activating HD on my account global (I'm told there is a "free for life" option), or per receiver?

Will activating HD impact other receivers that I don't want HD on?

#3 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

Programming including HD, DVR fee, PPV are all per account not receiver. You can download a PPV movie to any or all receivers for example if you want for the same price. Each receiver not including the first one has it's own receiver fee. (First receiver has no receiver fee)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...