Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

L757 for 722K

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

My receiver went 'wonky' a couple times yesterday and finally gave me the 'unplug your receiver for 10 seconds' message. I didn't check my software version until this morning, but I see it's now 757

I had not had any problems for quite a while, but I don't know if it flaked out yesterday with 756 or the 757 that's there now

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

I saw this post and realized that mine acted very sluggish last night when I went to use and it made me look and mine has also gotten this new update as well. The last one was just 15 days ago, makes me really wonder what the heck is going on as I do not see one single thing different from the last 3 updates!

#3 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

I show the software updates enhanced VOD for the 722k. Were you viewing Live TV or a DVR event? Please let me know. Thanks.

My receiver went 'wonky' a couple times yesterday and finally gave me the 'unplug your receiver for 10 seconds' message. I didn't check my software version until this morning, but I see it's now 757

I had not had any problems for quite a while, but I don't know if it flaked out yesterday with 756 or the 757 that's there now

#4 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

Speaking for myself, my K normally flies through the guide and changes channels almost instantly, almost as fast as I have seen of Hopper demos, but after this last update the guide would barely move and would stop. At times the receiver would not respond to remote commands or would do so reluctantly. A hard boot solved the issues, however, the only thing I noticed was that my internal temps went from a high of 111 and a low of 89 shown as of the last update, to 131 and 109 this afternoon. These have consistently, which is odd, because even during the heat wave this past summer the hottest reading was 114 for a high reading. Now with the chill of winter in the house, (never above 65) I would not have expected a 20 degree rise!

#5 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

I show the software updates enhanced VOD for the 722k. Were you viewing Live TV or a DVR event? Please let me know. Thanks.

I was watching live tv...tried to change channel (using recall button) and it took probably 30 seconds to respond...after a while I hit guide (which again came up extremely slowly). Then I exited from guide and when I came back a few minutes later it gave me the 'unplug for 10 seconds' message

Much of what I saw, seems to be the same as Rduce made in his post (sluggish & unresponsive)

I've had the TV on most of today with no problems at all :)

#6 OFFLINE   HDlover

HDlover

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

Some of my recordings are blank. Starts and stops immediately.

Edited by HDlover, 22 December 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   Rduce

Rduce

Legend

• Registered
  • 326 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

Some of my recordings are blank. Starts and stops immediately.

I have had this happen once myself. Then this morning I noticed the fan screaming on high speed, turned on I found an error 600 screen telling me it was doing a critical test. After 103 minutes it said all test had passed, but stayed in a nonresponsive mode. Tech support had do a hard boot and now everything seems fine.

#8 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Got L7.57 sometime in the last two days. No issues or changes in behavior noticed.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...