Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Later with Jools Holland

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hotscot

Hotscot

Legend

• Registered
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

I used to see this on BBC America but now it seems to be on a channel I don't receive..567 FLIX.

Does BBC America not show it anymore?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TomK

TomK

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

I used to see this on BBC America but now it seems to be on a channel I don't receive..567 FLIX.

Does BBC America not show it anymore?

It's on Palladia (Channel 567). It's a great show as you well know.

#3 OFFLINE   Hotscot

Hotscot

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

I'd love to see it but when I did a search this morning it said I'm not authorized for this channel. Is that a Premium package?

#4 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Palladia is part of the HD Extra Pack, channels that are only available in HD and have no SD version. It's $4.99 a month but a call to DirecTV should get you the HD Extra Pack for free for three months.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#5 OFFLINE   Hotscot

Hotscot

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Thank you for the information...I'll pass. Hardly watch tv.

#6 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,779 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Palladia is part of the HD Extra Pack, channels that are only available in HD and have no SD version.

More like no SD version that DirecTV is carrying, although unlike Dish's version of it, the channels DirecTV has in the package actually do air HD content most of the time.

#7 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

I love Palladia and Jools Holland. I had the HD Pack free for 3 months but decided to keep it because of Palladia, Sony, and MGM movie channels. Palladia can get frustrating with all the repeats but some of the new programming/concerts are definately exciting.......Jools, Sade, Unplugged, Live from Daryl's House etc.

#8 OFFLINE   rb5505

rb5505

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

i've read that many have renewed their free 3 mos promo on the hd extra pkg several times back to back. doesn't hurt to ask.

spam firewall