Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Adding 2nd Joey

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   StringFellow

StringFellow

AllStar

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

I currently have 2 Hoppers and one Joey. I am adding a new tv to my house and I would like to add a 2nd Joey to my account. I know there is an extra monthly cost for the 2nd Joey. Does anyone know what the one time cost is for a leased Joey?
Equipment: 2 Hopper, 1 Joey [soon to be 2 Joeys]

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

should be $99, or $49. $7 a month fee.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   StringFellow

StringFellow

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Well my call to Dish customer service wasn't fruitful. I was told I had 2 options:

1. Free Joey, technician would require a visit to the house, renew 24 month contract.

2. Visit local retailers such as Best Buy, RadioShack, etc. and purchase one.

Well no local BB, RadioShack, etc. carry standalone Joeys and I don't want to renew my contract to add a 2nd Joey to my account.

Are there other options or suggestions?
Equipment: 2 Hopper, 1 Joey [soon to be 2 Joeys]

#4 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 340 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Purchase from http://www.dishdepot...h_receivers.jsp. You may want to use Google also.

Edited by thomasjk, 21 December 2012 - 07:20 PM.
added google comment

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,214 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

Or PM a DIRT member and see if you can get the 24 month restart waived.

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,426 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Question... why the resistance to renew the 24 month agreement?

I ask because... you can't be very far into your current 24 month agreement since the Hopper/Joey is fairly new to the public... what was it March release? So even if you were one of the first installed, you would only be 9 months at most into a 24 month agreement.

To me it would be worse the 9 month "reset" back to 24 to get a free installation... assuming that you must generally be happy with the setup to be considering purchasing one.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#7 OFFLINE   j_t

j_t

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

I have 1 hopper and 1 joey. I just added another Joey through Dish Support and it cost me $65, and renewed the 24 month agreement, and I had to sign up for $7 a month protection plan to avoid the $95 service call. Wow, I think that I was ripped off.

#8 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Actually that's a good price.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

spam firewall