Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pics of how a Broadband deca is suppose to be connected??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   KCJC10

KCJC10

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Does anyone have pics of how a Broadband Deca is suppose to be connected? I have seen the line coming from the dish going to a splitter and one line going to the receiver and one to the Broadband Deca but does the ethernet from the Broadband Deca go to the receiver or to the router? I know the Receiver Deca goes in line with the coax cable to the receiver and the ethernet cord goes to the receiver but the Broadband Deca has me confused on connecting it properly! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   FlyingDiver

FlyingDiver

All Star/Supporter

• Registered
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOn the road in North America...

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

The ethernet connection on the CCK (aka broadband DECA) goes to the router. If the receiver doesn't have a built-in DECA, then there will be another DECA on that side of the splitter.

There's really no difference between what you call a broadband DECA and a receiver DECA. The DECA used for connecting to your router has a power supply that connects to the IRD (receiver) port. Both of them have cable ports that need to connect to the SWM, and both have ethernet ports.

The Wireless DECA is a different beast.

#3 OFFLINE   KCJC10

KCJC10

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

So your saying that the short blue ethernet cable that comes with the Deca doesnt actually go from the Deca to the receiver? I'm just confused on why there are 2 ethernet ports on the receiver but they arent being used?

#4 OFFLINE   FlyingDiver

FlyingDiver

All Star/Supporter

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:09 AM

What model receivers do you have? And how many DECA adapters do you have? And do you have a Wireless CCK or something else?

#5 OFFLINE   acer

acer

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

The way it connects is the following:

Connect Coax Cable to Broadband Deca CCK
Connect the other end of the coax cable to your SWM Splitter where the other sattelite cables all connect to.
Connect the Blue Ethernet Cable to the CCK and a wireless router.
I did the install myself. It is may be a pain in the ass installing if you don't have training from DTV on installing it as I received. Here are some pictures: The CCK and the router: http://tinypic.com/r/2ed4eiv/6 The white coax cable is going to the SWM Splitter which looks like: http://forums.direct... Splitter 8 way and the blue ethernet cable is going to the wireless router. The red tip on that splitter is connecting to the SWM power inserter btw. Be careful not to get shocked as the swm splitter has a live electrical current going to it from the power inserter that is plugged into an electrical outlet. Some customers I came across have no idea where their splitter is located, if you are one of them you are better off getting a service tech to do it. Also if you are one of the customers where the installer was silly using a 3 way instead of a 6 way splitter you need them to come out as their isn't going to be anywhere for the coax to go to and you need an installer to come out and upgrade the splitter.

Edited by acer, 22 December 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   FlyingDiver

FlyingDiver

All Star/Supporter

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Clarification - connect the blue ethernet cable to the CCK and your network. Doesn't have to be the router directly, and the router doesn't have to have wireless. You just need to connect that ethernet to your LAN somehow. I have mine connected to an ethernet switch in the equipment cabinet, and the switch is connected to the router via an ethernet run.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...