Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Genie, version 0x05D4 - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   aldiesel

aldiesel

Mentor

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

When using double play the 2nd tuner shows black screen on all HD channels. Analog channels play OK.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   KK in CT

KK in CT

Legend

• Registered
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

KJK in CT, new software repopulates the Guide. Give it 24 hours before judging the unit's speed. What you are experiencing can happen in the meantime.

Good point. Hopefully in time the speed will improve.

#23 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,896 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Just got this release last night. So far only change I've noticed is the guide is much slower now. Much slower.

In my first problem [above] with this version, I mentioned doggyness to their tech and he had me turn off scrolling and confirm that native was off. It seems these two features, if either is selected, will turn Genie into a lazy dog.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#24 OFFLINE   aldiesel

aldiesel

Mentor

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

When using double play the 2nd tuner shows black screen on all HD channels. Analog channels play OK.

A reset fixed the issue.

#25 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,896 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

I see the idiot reminder of disk space is back.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once

#26 OFFLINE   Drinyth

Drinyth

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Is this the release everyone's been waiting on to fix some of the H34/C31 gray screen issues?

I got it at 4:51 this morning. Receiver was on, but non responsive. Had to reboot twice.

It's probably to early to tell, but, so far I've not had a gray screen. And I've turned my C31 off and on a bunch of times.

Please report back if you do. I just saw that this got released today and haven't had time yet to play around with it and try things out.

This will probably be my best Christmas present if it really does fix the problem that we've been having!

No joy. I've already read of several reports of people having the C31 black/grey screen issue after the 0x5D4 update. I had it myself on my units tonight. :(

#27 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

True to form, it is a real downgrade. Please bring back the SD GUI

So far I've not seen any improvement with 0x05d4.

1. For a lot of channel changes, it still shows that TO RECORD THIS EPISODE graphic. You must lose it before your remote responds to the next command. I say this graphic should not appear if you have RECORDING TIPS turned off, which I do.

2. The blue highlight still jumps off to the left of the screen when I scroll down through the guide. Very annoying.

3. Worst of all for me and my particular HR34, the FFWD > PLAY > AUTO-REWIND function still does not work properly. At first if did. In fact, it rewound way too far. Then it started to AUTO-BACKSPACE about the right amount of time. Now, most of the time anyway for me and my HR34, it hardly AUTO-REWINDS at all. Certainly not nearly enough to compensate for my cat-like reflexes.

4. Sometimes when I go into FFWD, especially speed setting 4, the picture just freezes.

5. So far, one (only one (ha ha)) lock-up. Had to hit the red button.

Finally, this is new to all of the HR34 releases, i.e. never happened before for me, the first time I recorded something with 0x05d4, when I hit the STOP button, no dialog box appeared. You know the box that says KEEP RECORDING, CHANGE RECORDING SETTINGS, and STOP. I had to hit (its all I know how to do) the RECORD button about twenty five times before the dialog box appeared.

#28 OFFLINE   Twister18

Twister18

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Is this the release everyone's been waiting on to fix some of the H34/C31 gray screen issues?

I got it at 4:51 this morning. Receiver was on, but non responsive. Had to reboot twice.

I had to reboot mine once. Said the resolution was not supported?

#29 OFFLINE   lansbury

lansbury

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

I have mention in threads on other software versions a problem getting the "upgrade". My HR34 hangs at the first attempt to download the software at the searching for software screen with 0% downloaded. Takes a red button reset to start the box again. The second attempt at the upgrade has always gone successfully.

With this version the box is hanging every time at the searching for software screen. 3 times so far. I am having to reboot the box each time I turn it on.

#30 OFFLINE   apinkel

apinkel

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

I've had AV sync issues twice now while playing back pre-recorded programs. I stop and restart playback and it clears up.

#31 OFFLINE   Strayshot

Strayshot

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

*Still* can't see folders on the DVR via DirecTV2PC.

I keep seeing comments over on the DirecTV forums that they supposedly know about the issue and a fix is in place..... I guess that'll happen anout the same time as a nomad app for the android system.

#32 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 295 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Apparently I'm the only one in TV Land that cares but the bug that causes the small PIP to freeze if you accidentally tune the main window to the same channel.

After next week they will have a whole year to fix this because when the NFL goes away there isn't anything else that I will use PIP for.

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

#33 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,163 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Is this true if you are flipping between recorded versions of the games?
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#34 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

Is this true if you are flipping between recorded versions of the games?

Don't know I have only experienced it during live broadcast.

J C

Edited by jcwest, 25 December 2012 - 07:44 AM.
spelling

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

#35 OFFLINE   bobvick1983

bobvick1983

Godfather

• Registered
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNW Alabama

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

This version has been awful for my HR34, it is practically nonresponsive when I am trying to browse through my List. It is so bad I am thinking about swapping it out for one of my HR24's that I rarely use. Then I will try the HR34 again when a new version comes out. I have never had this much trouble with a version, and I have had the HR34 since last December when it came out.

DIRECTV
DIRECTV AU9-SL3 dish, SWM 16, HR44-700, HR24-100 2TB external HDD, HR24--200 1TB external HDD, HR24-200 1TB external HDD, HR21-700 receivers 2TB interal HDD, DECA Networked

C-BAND

7.5' SAMI C-Band dish, Chaparral Dual C feed, Norsat 8115C-Band LNB's, GEOSat Pro MicroHD, GBox V3000 Positioner

#36 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,163 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

Don't know I have only experienced it during live broadcast.

J C

I guess I was subliminally suggesting you try same. Both as a test and as a temporary workaround.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#37 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

This version has been awful for my HR34, it is practically nonresponsive when I am trying to browse through my List. It is so bad I am thinking about swapping it out for one of my HR24's that I rarely use. Then I will try the HR34 again when a new version comes out. I have never had this much trouble with a version, and I have had the HR34 since last December when it came out.

Huzza! Huzza!

#38 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,896 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Make sure two features - Native and Scrolling are turned off. Especially Scrolling.

And for the record, the software for the HR34 hast been crappy since day one. And all they do, is it just keep adding on to bad code.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once

#39 OFFLINE   philiphotog

philiphotog

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Yup. Same issues. Locked up black screen with just the clock in top right corner. Took three days to lock after a red button reset.
On the plus side, response times seem quicker when accessing the guide and list. It took three to four days for a reset instead of every other day. Time will tell if this is a continuous bug.
However, a new issue at least on my DVR since this update is rewinding and forwarding a live program when recording. No response at all, just the bong. The only way to clear is turn off on the c-31.

#40 OFFLINE   Madhatter01

Madhatter01

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

When I bring up the guide, it's very laggy scrolling. The hr34 is over all laggy coming from the hr24.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...