Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Using HR24 wirelessly with HR34 without coax -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   brucknerdoc

brucknerdoc

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

A year ago or so, I had a couple of HR24's - each having their own coax run - that also connected wirelessly to each other, sharing the DVR. This was done thru an Airport extreme wireless network.

After moving, I only had one cable run and only used the single HR24.

Last week, I installed an HR34 (which works fine). What I'm trying to do is connect my HR24 in another room (without a coax) so I can access the DVR on the HR34.

When I set this up (again, using an Airport extreme wireless network), the HR34 tells me it is authorized for whole-home dvd, but doesn't see the HR24 - and the HR24 tells me it is not authorized.

If I move the HR24 to connect to the single coax feed (disconnecting the HR34), the HR24 now reports it is authorized and sees the recordings on the HR34 (same wireless network connections) - even with no coax into the HR34.

When I had the HR24 installed alone, it was connected with a CCK-W - so I tried using this instead of one of the Airport extremes with no change.

Confused...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,755 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

The receivers need/must be, connected to the SAT feed. This is where they get their authorization.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   brucknerdoc

brucknerdoc

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Thanks -

The HR34 worked without the coax, but maybe that was because it was connected at boot (before I switched it over to the HR24). Maybe if I run a long coax to the room with the HR24 so it's connected at boot... :rolleyes: Be a bummer every time I lose power :eek2:

What would really be nice is to run the HR24 as an RVU client to the HR34 - need to release some sort of product for legacy units :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...