Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

On Demand Program Blank

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 821 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

Yesterday I noticed on CMT Network available On Demand a Crossroads episode with Emmilou Harris and Mumford & Sons. Fan of both so I selected it to watch now and it appeared to download. Tried to watch it and it was 43 minutes of black screen. Deleted it and downloaded to watch later. Same result. The program is listed but apparently not there. First time I've seen that.

My broadband connection is ethernet and it worked fine a couple hours earlier to download a movie.

I'm leaving for the holidays. Maybe I'll try that program again when I get back. If anyone from Dish read this please check it out. Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

Not sure what causes it, I have gone through the exact thing with other recordings. No matter how many times I tried to download and view, it wouldn't work. I tried downloading the same program using the same procedure on a different receiver (everything else the same) and it plays correctly with no problems.

#3 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 821 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

Thanks, Gary. Nice to know I'm not the only one. Unfortunately I only have broadband on our main TV. Maybe I'll ask Tech Support about this issue when I have some time.

#4 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

Thanks, Gary. Nice to know I'm not the only one. Unfortunately I only have broadband on our main TV. Maybe I'll ask Tech Support about this issue when I have some time.

Dish has Wifi adaptors for the receivers, they cost $25. It makes it easy to have more receivers connected to broadband.

spam firewall