Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ticket Issue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ssandhoops

ssandhoops

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Is anyone having a problem with NFL Sunday Ticket? I'm getting the dreaded "searching for satellite" message on almost every channel.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   e4123

e4123

AllStar

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

No problems here in the Capital of Texas.
DTV subscriber since 1998 (Originally via Peagsus/NRTC/USSB) .. Fun times
HR24-100 -> Panasonic TC-P50S2
Onkyo - TX-DS777
HR24-500 + Cisco WET610N-> Panasonic TC-32LX24
R.I.P. Knut

#3 OFFLINE   ssandhoops

ssandhoops

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:49 AM

My problem appears to be with HD channels only and not all of them. Even stranger, some of the HD channels I could not get yesterday, I'm able to get today (even though there is just a banner). We had some strong winds last week so I'm starting to wonder if my dish has fallen out of alignment.

I've looked at Sixto's mappings but can't seem to figure out what satellite/transponders the NFL ST channels are/were on but based on other HD channels I wasn't able to get, I think my main issues are with channels on D11. Below is a snapshot of signal strength taken this morning, what exactly is considered good, marginal, etc? Do these readings suggest an alignment issue?

Satellite Transponders (14 total at 99©)
1-8 42 0 43 21 38 0 42 23
9-16 38 20 41 22 39 20 na na

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,115 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Those are horrid signals. Every one of those should be high 80s+. My lowest currently with no rain is 88. The N/As are normal.

Are your others that bad? Keep in mind ones that are marked (s) will have a lot very low or 0, which is normal, there will be a few that stand out as a high number.

I do think you need an alignment.

#5 OFFLINE   ssandhoops

ssandhoops

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

Those are horrid signals. Every one of those should be high 80s+. My lowest currently with no rain is 88. The N/As are normal.

Are your others that bad? Keep in mind ones that are marked (s) will have a lot very low or 0, which is normal, there will be a few that stand out as a high number.

I do think you need an alignment.

Signal strength on the 101 are all in the 80's and 90's. However, signal strength on 103ca and cb run in the 30's to 50's. It would appear I've got less than optimal signal strength on all the mpeg4 channels.

#6 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,635 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

Signal strength on the 101 are all in the 80's and 90's. However, signal strength on 103ca and cb run in the 30's to 50's. It would appear I've got less than optimal signal strength on all the mpeg4 channels.

With those numbers, it is amazing you are getting any HD at all. Dish needs alignment.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

Protected By... spam firewall...And...