Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Your cables are not HD! Please press and hold exit...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pizzmoe

pizzmoe

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

In my setup, I have my HR-22 feeding my A/V receiver and I have a composite feed going to a TV in the bedroom. If I watch in the bedroom, I get the fun mesage "Your cables are not HD!" so I have to press and hold exit until it changes the output of the HR-22 to SD. Has anyone figured out a workaround to this? Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,710 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Monoprice sells a "Component Video to Composite Video" converter that will solve this. Fools the HR22 into thinking it only has HD devices connected.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,495 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

For your reading pleasure:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=204812
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=201586
http://www.dbstalk.c...light=composite
http://www.dbstalk.c...light=composite

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#4 OFFLINE   wrj

wrj

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

I'm not sure I'm getting that message but I get some message in a black box with white lettering periodically when I start watching some recorded shows. The reason I have no idea what it says is it stays displayed for only an instant. It is less than a second. I think it has the words "display", "video", and maybe "HDMI" in the message. But not sure. It's too fast.

But I can't figure out how to repeat it.

My HR22 is connected to my 1080p plasma via HDMI. Everything works okay. The display is HD (tv says it is 1080i) for most shows.

Is this the same message or anyone know what the message is?

#5 OFFLINE   RBTO

RBTO

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

If you connect your three component outputs to the converter litzdog911 mentioned (and forget about the SD composite output forever), the receiver really does have only HD outputs functioning. The component output is then converted to a usable SD output to replace the one which DTV eliminated.

This is probably the single most widely criticized feature that DTV has introduced (in order to allow the new GUI to function in HD).

Be sure your HDMI cable is connected to an HDCP compliant input, or the component outputs can become "bannerized" on some of the premium channels.

#6 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,821 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

I'm not sure I'm getting that message but I get some message in a black box with white lettering periodically when I start watching some recorded shows. The reason I have no idea what it says is it stays displayed for only an instant. It is less than a second. I think it has the words "display", "video", and maybe "HDMI" in the message. But not sure. It's too fast.

My HR22 is connected to my 1080p plasma via HDMI. Everything works okay. The display is HD (tv says it is 1080i) for most shows.

You do not have what the OP has.
Yours is just a message that pops up because of the HDMI handshake taking a little bit too long.
When I have Native set to ON, I see the resolution of some channels that show to be 720p on my screen and then the message goes away. When I press Info on the DTV remote or my TV remote it then shows 1080i.

It is nothing for you to change or fix.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#7 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

That message is coming from the TV. Some TVs have a way of switching it off (mine does not!)

#8 OFFLINE   pizzmoe

pizzmoe

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Thanks! I will check that out.

#9 OFFLINE   pizzmoe

pizzmoe

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Thanks for the info. Did DirectV contact anyone about this or was it one of those typical things you have to find out by accident (like I just did!)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...