Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Sunday Ticket expiration.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

I joined DirecTV in May of this year. One of the perks was having Sunday Ticket Max free for one season (regular games). The regular season is almost over and was wondering if i have to call DirecTV to no longer subscribe to STM, or will it normally expire after the regular season is over? I don't want to continue with it as i am just a casual NFL fan. Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   wilsonc

wilsonc

Legend

• Registered
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

You will need to call and ask them to remove the package. Otherwise it would just automatically renew.

#3 OFFLINE   Dradran

Dradran

AllStar

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

But what you do not want to do is cancel it now. Wait till next season then tell them you want to cancel. They will most likely give you a deal on the 2013 season.

#4 OFFLINE   Dahammer

Dahammer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

But what you do not want to do is cancel it now. Wait till next season then tell them you want to cancel. They will most likely give you a deal on the 2013 season.

I was wandering about that. I've only been a customer for a month, so I missed out on most of the season. I am hoping they'll offer a discount for me to keep Sunday Ticket next season.

#5 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

But i want to make sure that i'm not paying for Playoff games this year. I don't mind waiting till the Spring, although no matter what they offer me i'm not interested.

#6 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,382 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

You don't pay anything extra for the playoffs.

Just make sure if you wait until next fall, you do something before the season begins. Otherwise it is an automatic renewal and you can't cancel after the season starts (I guess you can cancel, but you're not getting your money back).

#7 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

But i want to make sure that i'm not paying for Playoff games this year. I don't mind waiting till the Spring, although no matter what they offer me i'm not interested.

Playoff games aren't on Sunday Ticket, only out of market regular season games. Just call in at the end of July and cancel it. You won't have any issues and won't pay for something you don't want.
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#8 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,495 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

And I believe when you are on auto renew, you'll see a $0.00 charge for Sunday Ticket starting a few months before they actually start the charges, which are a reminder it's coming.

#9 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

OK, thanks guys.

#10 OFFLINE   Old_School

Old_School

Legend

• Registered
  • 386 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

And I believe when you are on auto renew, you'll see a $0.00 charge for Sunday Ticket starting a few months before they actually start the charges, which are a reminder it's coming.

I still have that on my bill and it was paid off in August!:lol:

DirecTV Subscriber Since 1998
Xtra ~ NFLST

(1) HR44  

(1) C41W

SL3 LNB ~ Whole Home DVR

Protected By... spam firewall...And...