Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Reported Attack Site!

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,889 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Same scenario here. Cleared everything. But if I reboot my PC, the warning returns the next time I visit the forum. I'm running FF v17.01.

Still having to uncheck the block box with FF v17.01

This is the explanation;

What is the current listing status for www.dbstalk.com?

This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 491 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 46 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-26, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-25.

Malicious software includes 1 trojan(s), 1 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 3 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 5 domain(s), including consumesenhanced.pro/, penetraterarest.pro/, vuweather.org/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including journaldugeek.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS30496 (COLO4).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.dbstalk.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#182 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

v17.0.1 here. If I clear the Firefox cache and then open dbstalk, everything is OK. Then if I close FF and reopen, and open dbstalk, I get the warning message every time. Basically FF is unusable with dbstalk...
IE works OK.....

#183 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

v17.0.1 here. If I clear the Firefox cache and then open dbstalk, everything is OK. Then if I close FF and reopen, and open dbstalk, I get the warning message every time. Basically FF is unusable with dbstalk...

I'm seeing the same thing on my iMac at home. The same version of FF, 17.0.1, on Windows 7 at work has never seen the warning. :confused:

The site still works fine after dismissing the warning.

#184 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,644 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Not sure what's still going on here, but I'm still intermittently getting:

Attached File  Capture.PNG   28.25KB   18 downloads

On this forum

Clicking on it sends me to:
http://safebrowsing....t=211464&page=5

Which has this:

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for www.dbstalk.com

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

Of the 491 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 46 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-26, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-25.

Malicious software includes 1 trojan(s), 1 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 3 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 5 domain(s), including consumesenhanced.pro/, penetraterarest.pro/, vuweather.org/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including journaldugeek.com/.

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.dbstalk.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

I use FF, and this seems to happen the first time I come to DBSTalk for the past few days.
A.K.A VOS

#185 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,060 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Almost now sounds like a FF issue as it clearly states that it is clear. I am running MAckBook Pro FF 15.1 and Chrome and Safari and I have not seen the issue after it was cleared by Goole.

Please note...I am currently in bed with 103 temp for the last 2 days. So, well, I really can't do much more on this as currently nor would I know what else I could do. I have had the site scanned 3 different sites, and nothing. Why FF 17.1 is saying it has an issue, I am not sure.

Thank you.

#186 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,644 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Almost now sounds like a FF issue as it clearly states that it is clear. I am running MAckBook Pro FF 15.1 and Chrome and Safari and I have not seen the issue after it was cleared by Goole.

Please note...I am currently in bed with 103 temp for the last 2 days. So, well, I really can't do much more on this as currently nor would I know what else I could do. I have had the site scanned 3 different sites, and nothing. Why FF 17.1 is saying it has an issue, I am not sure.

Thank you.

Get well soon
Chrome didn't give this message, and even with FF, it's intermittent for the past couple of days, so I'd give it only a nuisance rating.

I posted the text to show it has been cleared.
A.K.A VOS

#187 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,889 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Please note...I am currently in bed with 103 temp for the last 2 days.

Flying sorties in the freezing cold without a hat or a muffler, I am not surprised.

#188 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,617 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Take care, David. Get well soon! You need to be out making more videos skywise! ;)
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#189 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

BTW...we were not alone. It actually turns out the installs of OPENX were have an opening. Meaning OpenX has a open hole that that can not seem to find.

http://forum.openx.o...topic=503520006

Seeing I have removed OpenX from the site a few days ago, we are good. But I surely will be checking the databases and also maybe looking for new software.

#190 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,022 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

Thank you.

Hope you feel better! Nothing worse than being sick and stuck in bed.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#191 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,644 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Nothing worse than being sick and stuck in bed.

I can think of a few, but they would be for another thread. :lol:
A.K.A VOS

#192 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

Update from bed...

Scott is having the same issue with FF users on his site and reports this...

"As you might be aware of there is a bug in Firefox which reports sites as possibly being bad after they are removed from the warning list. I talked (emailed) with the Stop Malicious software guys and they say they are aware of the issue and Firefox is working on fixing the issue. They however don’t have an ETA on a fix, which means people will get random popups warning your site could be bad even though its safe."

So a thanks to Scott for sharing this info as I really have not contacted them on it needless to say.

Augh again!

#193 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,460 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

That's what I was thinking... since I have not seen this problem running Firefox 18... whatever beta version it is on at this point.

So I'm guessing whatever the original problem with OpenX that is now gone by removing/disabling it... Firefox 17 is having a problem resetting itself with the new data... but Firefox 18 seems to be behaving.

For what it's worth... since I missed the initial problem, before David addressed it... I actually have not seen that warning redirect once. So it would appear whatever is funky with Firefox 17 has been addressed in Firefox 18 beta.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#194 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,644 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

That's what I was thinking... since I have not seen this problem running Firefox 18... whatever beta version it is on at this point.

So I'm guessing whatever the original problem with OpenX that is now gone by removing/disabling it... Firefox 17 is having a problem resetting itself with the new data... but Firefox 18 seems to be behaving.

For what it's worth... since I missed the initial problem, before David addressed it... I actually have not seen that warning redirect once. So it would appear whatever is funky with Firefox 17 has been addressed in Firefox 18 beta.

I'm sure what is leftover is a FF issue, but back on 12-23-2012, 08:34 PM PST even Chrome would give the error.
A.K.A VOS

#195 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Just a note with the comments on Firefox versions, I am om Firefox 18 and just got the warning again after several clear days. About does not tell me which beta I am on but i think it is beta 3

My Setup

#196 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,617 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

It might be a time saver to use another browser for DBSTalk for a while.....
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#197 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,889 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

It might be a time saver to use another browser for DBSTalk for a while.....

Yes, even after unchecking the box to get on today, DBStalk locked up my firefox and then my computer.
I hate to use it, but it looks like IE is going to be my DBS dedicated browser for the near future.

#198 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

Chrome is your friend over IE. IMHO. You say it locked up FireFox and then your computer. To me that reads you have other issues as it seems FF is the issue as the site should not lock your computer. (Or even FF) IMHO.

#199 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,623 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Chrome is your friend over IE. IMHO. You say it locked up FireFox and then your computer. To me that reads you have other issues as it seems FF is the issue as the site should not lock your computer. (Or even FF) IMHO.

You're probably right David.

But both IE and Chrome work here fine 99.9% of the time on all sites.

FireFox - that one's had issues for a long time on numerous sites. It seems it simply is not kept as current as other browsers.

Hope you got some rest and are recouperating.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#200 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,209 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

I got this again, just now using FF 17.0.1. I do not get this using IE9.
It appears to list who is causing the problems. Maybe I just did not notice them before.

Of the 583 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 46 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-28, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-25.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

spam firewall