Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Reported Attack Site!

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Thanks...but we are kind of past that. :)

Please Note...It first states..."This site is not currently listed as suspicious."

They are reporting what the BAD domains are that were found in the code that were hosting the code. (The ad code in this case.)

It also stated..."The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-28, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-25." Which is when I got to work on fixing it.

At this point...FF is giving false positives as also seemed to have been noted.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#202 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,875 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Chrome is your friend over IE. IMHO. You say it locked up FireFox and then your computer. To me that reads you have other issues as it seems FF is the issue as the site should not lock your computer. (Or even FF) IMHO.

It is definitely a FF issue. I will have to try Chrome. IE keeps logging me off DBS even after checking the remember me box.

#203 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

I'm too invested in using FF to deal with this. So I just unchecked the box:

Posted Image

I'll wait a week a recheck it. I can only remember getting blocked a very few times.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#204 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,188 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'm too invested in using FF to deal with this. So I just unchecked the box:

Posted Image

I'll wait a week a recheck it. I can only remember getting blocked a very few times.

Odd ... I have FF (17.0.1), I have that box checked and have not seen a problem.

#205 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,875 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

Odd ... I have FF (17.0.1), I have that box checked and have not seen a problem.

Could it be a setting somewhere else, or is it our providers servers interacting.
I am AT&T

#206 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,414 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

I still haven't seen any issues, running Firefox 18 beta... but since it is a beta, I can't be sure if my experience is common.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#207 OFFLINE   je4755

je4755

Godfather

• Registered
  • 382 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

I have FF 17.0.1 (via Comcast) and get the warning repeatedly. As a result, I solely am using Chrome to view the site.

#208 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

I am still getting these warnings every day, even after clearing all cookies and history.

Satelliteguys had the same issue but it has sense been resolved.

#209 OFFLINE   dorfd1

dorfd1

Icon

• Registered
  • 959 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

I still haven't seen any issues, running Firefox 18 beta... but since it is a beta, I can't be sure if my experience is common.

I use the nightly builds of firefox and have not had an issue with accessing dbstalk. I do not get warnings at all about dbstalk being a reported attack page.

#210 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 614 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

I use the nightly builds of firefox and have not had an issue with accessing dbstalk. I do not get warnings at all about dbstalk being a reported attack page.

See Mozilla bug 820283. Firefox 17 apparently is not updating its internal cache of the reported site list properly when a site drops off the Google list. This is reported to be fixed in Firefox 18, due to be released in a week or so.

Meanwhile, users of Firefox 17 can force Firefox to check the current list at Google every time, instead of relying on cached data, as follows:

Enter about:config in the Address/URL bar.
Press the big button to bypass the warning (if you haven't turned this off already).
Enter confirm in the Filter bar to limit display to just options containing 'confirm'.
Double-click on urlclassifier.confirm-age and change the value to 0.
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#211 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,813 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

According to https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases , the next release is scheduled for the week of January 6th. This was pushed back one week because the six week release cycle ended up on New Years Day.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#212 OFFLINE   CopyCat

CopyCat

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 321 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

I am also running Firefox 18 beta and have not had a problem, let's hope they roll it out this week.
If it an't broke, don't fix it

Slimline Dish w/SWM-5LNB to 8 way splitter.
HR24-500 HDMI Sony KDL-52XBR2
HR24-500 HDMI Sony KDL-46XBR4
HR21-200 - Component Emerson LCD SLC195EM8
All networked via CAT5 to a Netgear 10/100/1000 Switch connected to a Cisco Linksys E4200 to DSL.

#213 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

See Mozilla bug 820283. Firefox 17 apparently is not updating its internal cache of the reported site list properly when a site drops off the Google list. This is reported to be fixed in Firefox 18, due to be released in a week or so.

Meanwhile, users of Firefox 17 can force Firefox to check the current list at Google every time, instead of relying on cached data, as follows:

Press the big button to bypass the warning (if you haven't turned this off already).
Enter confirm in the Filter bar to limit display to just options containing 'confirm'.

Great post. Thank you for coming up with this one. ;) I was starting to think their are more to it again. Glad their is not.

Side Nite...Still in bed. Turns out I have viral bronchitis. So my temp keeps going from normal to 103 and in between. This has not been fun.

Thanks for all the help guys.

#214 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,875 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Done and done, thanks!

#215 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,188 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

See Mozilla bug 820283. Firefox 17 apparently is not updating its internal cache of the reported site list properly when a site drops off the Google list.

That makes sense. My "urlclassifier.confirm-age" is set at 2700 but I did not visit DBSTalk when the site was actually on the naughty list. So apparently it did not enter my cache.

#216 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,132 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

FWIW, this attack warning would pop up several times a day when I clicked on a link taking me to a subscribed thread. However, everything has been just fine the last couple days or so (crossing my fingers).

This is on FF, my default browser, BTW.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#217 OFFLINE   carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan

Icon

• Registered
  • 737 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Haven't seen it all week...until today. Running FF 17.0.1.
HR20-700 Connected to 55" Samsung UN55D8000YF via HDMI
HR20-700 Connected to 24" Samsung P2570HD
R22-200 Connected to 32" Sony
D* Customer since 2000

#218 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,875 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Haven't seen it all week...until today. Running FF 17.0.1.

Do the steps in makaiguy's post #210

Works like a charm

#219 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 466 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Still getting the warnings on Firefox 17.0.1 on all machines.

I'll try the cache fix.

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

#220 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,813 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Firefox 18 is now available for download, and you can force an update as well.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

spam firewall