Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Reported Attack Site!

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,655 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Version 23.0.1271.97 m here...

Is a puzzlement. Some users running the same version of Google Chrome (23.0.1271.97) experiencing the issue while others do not.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

I got the warning using Firefox 17.0.1

#23 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

Is a puzzlement. Some users running the same version of Google Chrome (23.0.1271.97) experiencing the issue while others do not.

Agree.

Maybe we're looking in the wrong place.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#24 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,286 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:46 AM

http://www.camera3.o...62&d=1356352271
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

#25 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,476 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

I run IE9 and Norton Internet Security and I did not get any message of a problem.

Edit: I just used Firefox to come here and it gave me this. I bolded some of the text.

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for www.dbstalk.com

What is the current listing status for www.dbstalk.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 149 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 36 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-23, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-23.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS30496 (COLO4).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, www.dbstalk.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Edited by jimmie57, 24 December 2012 - 07:08 AM.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#26 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

Some use proper blocking utilities, others don't.

Giggly is hardly any kind of security authority and is likely falsely flagging an ad of some kind. It may be OK as a search engine, but should not be trusted beyond that.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#27 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,575 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

Giggly is hardly any kind of security authority and is likely falsely flagging an ad of some kind. It may be OK as a search engine, but should not be trusted beyond that.

I'd be surprised if Google's attorneys would allow them to flag a site like this without concrete evidence of malware. That said, Google probably has a spider that clicks on every link, and I agree the culprit is likely one or more of the advertising links on the site.
/steve

#28 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

Hi All...

I do not see any issue currently with the site itself and the main protection providers is not reporting any issue.

I am also thinking it came from an ad. Seeing that Google Adsense is suppose to fileter any such ads, I have left that one on. However we also run OpenX Marketplace which I have turned off at this time.

However, seeing it s "flagged" for some unknown reason, it might stay flagged for X amount of time before the flag is cleared. I can see no way to clear it.

So, well, we shall see.

Looking over the report from Google, it is not site wide as only 36 pages were reported today. So I am more and more guessing an ad. I have gone to some of the pages reported in my Google Webmaster Tools area that said are bad and can find nothing on the pages themselves or in any links etc.

Thanks

#29 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:02 AM

I have now submitted a request for Google to review the site to rescan the content in hopes to clear the message. So we shall see what happens.

Sure, this time of year of all times. Augh!

#30 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

I'd be surprised if Google's attorneys would allow them to flag a site like this without concrete evidence of malware.

Ummmm, OK :sure::rolleyes:
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#31 OFFLINE   CopyCat

CopyCat

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 322 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

Firefox 17.0.1

Attached Files

If it an't broke, don't fix it

Slimline Dish w/SWM-5LNB to 8 way splitter.
HR24-500 HDMI Sony KDL-52XBR2
HR24-500 HDMI Sony KDL-46XBR4
HR21-200 - Component Emerson LCD SLC195EM8
All networked via CAT5 to a Netgear 10/100/1000 Switch connected to a Cisco Linksys E4200 to DSL.

#32 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

Right...As Mentioned...I have asked Google to re-scan us as the issue came from an AD and the provider has been removed. Now we need to wait for them to rescan and verify we are good.

THEIR IS NOTHING WRONG with the site itself and I have already removed the OpenX Marketplace that let the ad through. So we are just now waiting for Google to rescan.

Thanks

#33 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,859 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

THEIR IS NOTHING WRONG with the site itself and I have already removed the OpenX Marketplace that let the ad through. So we are just now waiting for Google to rescan.

Like this.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#34 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,409 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

I guess I should have said something last night. Norton kept locking up the page load because of the ad site generating repeated popup messages about the "malware." It's not a problem this morning.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#35 OFFLINE   carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan

Icon

• Registered
  • 747 posts
  • LocationCarlsbad, CA

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

Got the same thing too, using FF 17.0.1. Knew it had to be a mistake.

Thanks to the site admins/owners for looking into this. Can't be easy to do this time of year. :)
HR20-700 Connected to 55" Samsung UN55D8000YF via HDMI
HR20-700 Connected to 24" Samsung P2570HD
R22-200 Connected to 32" Sony
D* Customer since 2000

#36 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 623 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

Right...As Mentioned...I have asked Google to re-scan us as the issue came from an AD and the provider has been removed. Now we need to wait for them to rescan and verify we are good.

Thanks

I just got the warning when coming to the site - and this appears to be after you've removed access to that ad site.

We were hit with something similar on the vBulletin board I administer. I was able to clear the problem and get Google to unlist us.

I'll PM you with what we found.
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#37 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,937 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

I got the warning using Firefox 17.0.1

Ditto

#38 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,754 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Same thing just happened here. Had to uncheck the "block reported attack sites" box in Firefox just to get back here.

I'll bite. Where can I find a, "block reported attack site" box in Firefox to uncheck.

Could I instead click, "Ignore this warning" in the lower right corner of the warning message window?

#39 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,937 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

I'll bite. Where can I find a, "block reported attack site" box in Firefox to uncheck.

Could I instead click, "Ignore this warning" in the lower right corner of the warning message window?

tools>options>security

#40 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

AVG reports it as JAVA Script Obfuscation.
http://www.avgthreat...pt-obfuscation/

Protected By... spam firewall...And...