Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Remote that does easy macros

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mike109

Mike109

Legend

• Registered
  • 257 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

Sometimes I temporarily turn on Closed Captioning because I can't understand what someone is saying in a program. And then I turn it off. Of course it takes a dozen steps to do this.

I bought an RCA RCRP05B remote which can control 5 devices including the Dish DVR. The nice thing is that it is easy to set up the long macro that is needed to turn CC on or off. It’s a 5 device universal remote that comes with codes for hundreds of devices. I just used the provided codes & then entered the required steps for the CC macro. Really easy to do. It retails for $20 & I’ve seen it on sale for $10 - $15. I got one from a local home center store on sale for $8.

You can also program the remote with some individual key codes in order to do some complex remote programming if you choose. But so far I have not needed anything but the basics. There’s a lot of information at the following forum.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...