Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cozi TV has arrived

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,684 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

It is now on WRC, Washington, DC 4.2, a week ahead of the announced deployment date. Can anyone confirm it to be on the other NBC O&O stations?

Unlike the other rerun channels, it "checkerboards" its weekday, prime time programming, with blocks of Charlies Angels Tuesday, The Six Million Dollar on Wednesday and Magnum PI on Thursday , and then an evening of Mystery Movies, presently starting wtih Banicek, but there are only sixteen Banicek episodes, so that will be the first to be retired.

Also, the Bold Ones on Friday at 10:00 PM, Alias SMith and Jones five days a weeek at 11:00 AM, followed by Marcus Welby, MD.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,112 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

According to all the press releases that I have seen, YES!

Won't make much difference if DirecTV refuses to update their OTA guide with it's program listing as no one will ever know its there..

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#3 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

Won't make much difference if DirecTV refuses to update their OTA guide with it's program listing as no one will ever know its there..

Well, AntAltMike, you, and I do, so that's three of us.

Just checked using the OTA receiver I have for my computer, and it is running on KNBC's 4.2 here in Los Angeles. I wish the "Cozi TV" logo bug were translucent instead of bright white, but I guess they feel they need to promote the name of this new network.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#4 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,420 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

It's also on WNBCDT2 (4-2) here in NY. Guide data out to 1/8.
/steve

#5 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Are they doing any streaming anywhere?
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#6 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,112 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

It's also on WNBCDT2 (4-2) here in NY. Guide data out to 1/8.

Lucky you! I'm still waiting for guide data for Antenna TV, This TV, RTV, Bounce and numerous others...
  • makaiguy likes this

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#7 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,463 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Lucky you! I'm still waiting for guide data for Antenna TV, This TV, RTV, Bounce and numerous others...

That stinks, does your TV have a tuner in it? Maybe you can get them that way. Locally I receive This TV and METV via my TIVO scan of channels

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#8 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

AntennaTV on WATL:

http://tvlistings.za...55&channel=36.3

I don't understand the economics or scope of zap2it, but I didn't find zap2it guide data for any of the other "subchannel networks" in Atlanta, whereas I can find them for all of my Washington, DC and Baltimore affiliates. If you can make use an out-of-market, eastern time zone guide, I can send you my local zap2it guide links, but some of my local affiliates to substitute a local news show for network programming now and then, like during peak news audience hours.

Update: I just Googled "waltdt2" and "zap2it" and it led me to this:

check Zap2It.COM and see if the channel is listed there...

So I won't be searching zap2it any further in this thread. Do you mean that those sub-channels are not in your DirecTV channel table, or that they are there but with no program information?

Edited by AntAltMike, 26 December 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,420 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

I've got GUIDE data here for Antenna and This as well. No data for Bounce, even though I get it. I don't get RTV.
/steve

#10 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

I see that Fluffy's local affiliate for ThisTV is also WANN-CD, on 32.9, one of WANN's 20 subchannels. I'd love someone here with an analyzer to tell us how much bandwidth each of those 20 channels is getting. I remember when WUSA wa airing Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom on Sunday mornings to satisfy its educational programming mandate, and when a leopard slowly sauntered, its spots would turn into squares.

#11 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,420 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

I see that Fluffy's local affiliate for ThisTV is also WANN-CD, on 32.9, one of WANN's 20 subchannels. I'd love someone here with an analyzer to tell us how much bandwidth each of those 20 channels is getting.

Here's what rabbitears.info is reporting for those subchannels.

Note picture size is only 352x480 vs. 640x480 for some of the other channels.

Attached Thumbnails

• Chan 29.jpg

/steve

#12 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,420 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Better resolution for me in NY on channel 11, as you can see.

Attached Thumbnails

• chan 11.jpg

/steve

#13 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,112 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

I see that Fluffy's local affiliate for ThisTV is also WANN-CD, on 32.9, one of WANN's 20 subchannels. I'd love someone here with an analyzer to tell us how much bandwidth each of those 20 channels is getting. I remember when WUSA wa airing Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom on Sunday mornings to satisfy its educational programming mandate, and when a leopard slowly sauntered, its spots would turn into squares.

WANN is also home for RTV in the Atlanta area. 10 of those channels on WANN are Audio (Rebroadcast of radio signals) and 1 is a program guide.

I'll have to go back and look but I think there has been a few other changes as well..

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#14 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,420 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

WANN is also home for RTV in the Atlanta area. 10 of those channels on WANN are Audio (Rebroadcast of radio signals) and 1 is a program guide.

I'll have to go back and look but I think there has been a few other changes as well..

Curious what This TV looks like at 352x480.
/steve

#15 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,112 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Remember the days of watching something recorded on VHS using a 2 head VCR (very early-80's models)? That should give you somewhat an idea.

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#16 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,420 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Remember the days of watching something recorded on VHS using a 2 head VCR (very early-80's models)? That should give you somewhat an idea.

:nono2:

We're so spoiled! :lol:
/steve

#17 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Both zap2it and the Cozi TV site have the Lone Ranger running in prime time this week, but next week, the Cozi site says Washington DC WRC 4.2 will have Charlies Angels, the Six Million Dollar Man and Magnum, whereas zap2it says it will have more of the Lone Ranger. Now we wait, but in the meantime, I am not going to be watching the Lone Ranger or Hopalong Cassidy

#18 OFFLINE   dod1450

dod1450

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

It has been like that here in San Jose KNTV, Ca. Also the programs titles do not match what what is actually on. This is on the cozitv web site and our OTA 1.1 channel guide.

Edited by dod1450, 26 December 2012 - 09:23 PM.

HDR-24
HDR-34
AM-21N
ATT uverse internet

Genie Go

PGP: AD5A 96DC 7556 A020 B8E7 0E4D 5D5E 9BA5 C83E 8C92

#19 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,463 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

COZI-TV is now on in the Boston area OTA channel 62.1 Comcast channel 20 or on 19 in my Comcast area, the guide has not been updated as of now

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

spam firewall