Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Transponder Maps: Domestic & LatinAm ~ Data Refresh 4/16/2014

• Please log in to reply
399 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

I also noted that when I examined all 10 of the LIL markets on 119, where the satellite is below 30 degrees above the horizon, including Wilkes-Barre, (thank you KyL416), all of the local stations on 119 in those markets are on mpeg4 satellites at a higher elevation.  It works for me!

So does DIRECTV now waive the installation requirement for SD channel reception in those markets should 119 likely be blocked and will install a SL-3(S)?  

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

Doctor J Comments for the 6/6/13 Data:

HD LIL Channel New In *TEST

NETWORK     NAME   CHANNEL   LIL_MKT    NOTES_0                    NOTES_1

14       *KTFF    61        72       A3 Fresno 61 KTFF UMas     UniMas from KTFFDT-TV, 61, Fresno, CA

#123 OFFLINE   egakagoc2xi

egakagoc2xi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Directv have removed all the HD for Puerto Rico on the G3C, is expected that the space would be used for new channels for Latin America.

All those channel were previousy on the Spaceways sats.

#124 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Directv have removed all the HD for Puerto Rico on the G3C, is expected that the space would be used for new channels for Latin America.

All those channel were previousy on the Spaceways sats.

Wow ... that was fast ...  :eek2:

You mean everyone using Beam PR's HD feeds including those subscribers within the beam's footprint outside of Puerto Rico like the US Virgin Is. and possibly Dominican Republic have been converted over to Slimline-5 based installs already?

Wish something like the transfer from 72.5w for DIRECTV USA subs. which took seemingly forever to complete here moved with that kind of speed ... :grin:  

Does this mean SD only customers in PR and surrounding countries have not been all converted over yet, therefore transponder 25 has not yet been returned to Beam Oeste?

And as I once posted on this issue, I don't see how the transponders used by the now "former" Beam PR for the HD feeds can be reused elsewhere in Latin America since the beam they use appear to cover only North America and PR.       

Edited by HoTat2, 09 June 2013 - 10:30 AM.

#125 OFFLINE   egakagoc2xi

egakagoc2xi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

Wow ... that was fast ... :eek2:

You mean everyone using Beam PR's HD feeds including those subscribers within the beam's footprint outside of Puerto Rico like the US Virgin Is. and possibly Dominican Republic have been converted over to Slimline-5 based installs already?

Wish something like the transfer from 72.5w for DIRECTV USA subs. which took seemingly forever to complete here moved with that kind of speed ... :grin:

Does this mean SD only customers in PR and surrounding countries have not been all converted over yet, therefore transponder 25 has not yet been returned to Beam Oeste?

And as I once posted on this issue, I don't see how the transponders used by the now "former" Beam PR for the HD feeds can be reused elsewhere in Latin America since the beam they use appear to cover only North America and PR.

Beam OESTE still has tons of SD channels for PR, what I expect is for Directv to move those channels for Beam PR y then can use the free space for LATAM.

Directv doesn't offers HD for the "Caribean". And yes it seams that all HD have been converted and But not all SD. BTW, I expect directv to keep using G3C for PR, remember there are a few channels that are common with the one in Latam.

#126 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Beam OESTE still has tons of SD channels for PR, what I expect is for Directv to move those channels for Beam PR y then can use the free space for LATAM ....

But based on G3C's payload data filed with the FCC and gct's maps, the only channels I see as removable from Beam PR and the spectrum capable of reassignment to LA are some 13 SD ones on transponder 25, making for 16 transponders available for Beam Oeste instead of the current 15.

The three "wideband" (54 MHz) transponders which formally carried the HD channels on Beam PR are on a "North American" or "North American + Puerto Rico" beam making their spectrum available, but not for service in LA    

... Directv doesn't offers HD for the "Caribean". And yes it seams that all HD have been converted and But not all SD. BTW, I expect directv to keep using G3C for PR, remember there are a few channels that are common with the one in Latam.

OK, thanks for that clarification, but can you give some examples of these "few channels" common to both PR and LA which will cause some level of service into PR from the G3C bird to continue?

I thought once converted PR customers can no longer receive anything from G3C.

#127 OFFLINE   egakagoc2xi

egakagoc2xi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:28 PM

If I'm not mistaken.... Channels: 225, 226, 227, 734, to mention some...

What I meant about reallocating some channels, look at this: 161-178, 228, 242-262, 272, to mention some...those channels are exclusively for PR, the can move those channels for the Beam PR, freeing Some space for Latam. That is what I think they will do.

Another thing to think about is: the new satellite is also though to give service to PR once the G3C is sent to better life. Look at the footprint.

#128 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,317 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

The three "wideband" (54 MHz) transponders

Ummm, perhaps real is 36 MHz ?

I don't recall seen such on a screen of SA. May be it could, but seems to me no one consumer's receiver could accept the value.

#129 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

What I meant about reallocating some channels, look at this: 161-178, 228, 242-262, 272, to mention some...those channels are exclusively for PR, the can move those channels for the Beam PR, freeing Some space for Latam. That is what I think they will do.

Ah I see;

You're referring to freeing up spectrum on Beam Oeste. I thought you were referring to PR's former HD bandwidth along with the issue that gct's mapping info. for LA doesn't consistently show those channels as exclusive to PR, so I didn't notice that some channels were. In fact I actually thought all channels on Beam Oeste were available to everyone in LA and the Caribbean. :sure: 

The only thing is, it would be only SD bandwidth allocations opening up.    

.... Another thing to think about is: the new satellite is also though to give service to PR once the G3C is sent to better life. Look at the footprint.

Yeah ...

Only filing data for Intelsat 30 has been published so far and its payload data shows a lot more bandwidth for the successor to Beam Oeste. There are 2 sets of 16 24 MHz wide transponders on "Pan Regional" beams for a total of 32 covering all LA and the Caribbean down-linking between 11.45-11.7 GHz and 11.95-12.2 GHz..

These again though appear for SD channels only however.   

#130 OFFLINE   egakagoc2xi

egakagoc2xi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

Ah I see;

You're referring to freeing up spectrum on Beam Oeste. I thought you were referring to PR's former HD bandwidth along with the issue that gct's mapping info. for LA doesn't consistently show those channels as exclusive to PR, so I didn't notice that some channels were. In fact I actually thought all channels on Beam Oeste were available to everyone in LA and the Caribbean. :sure:

The only thing is, it would be only SD bandwidth allocations opening up.

.... Another thing to think about is: the new satellite is also though to give service to PR once the G3C is sent to better life. Look at the footprint.

Yeah ...

Only filing data for Intelsat 30 has been published so far and its payload data shows a lot more bandwidth for the successor to Beam Oeste. There are 2 sets of 16 24 MHz wide transponders on "Pan Regional" beams for a total of 32 covering all LA and the Caribbean down-linking between 11.45-11.7 GHz and 11.95-12.2 GHz..

These again though appear for SD channels only however.

That's correct!!!

#131 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

Ummm, perhaps real is 36 MHz ?

I don't recall seen such on a screen of SA. May be it could, but seems to me no one consumer's receiver could accept the value.

Unless the FCC filing data is wrong here, if you can find those 36 MHz transponders P. Smith, or can make any other sense of this data in this regard I'd more than appreciate it.  :)

The only transponders in the attached FCC tech. document for G3C that match the frequencies listed on LyngSat, can accept the symbol and code rate you published, and have the necessary geographical coverage are four 54 MHz wide transponders on a N.A.+ PR beam of which three I assume were used for Puerto Rican HD.

Also if you can reconcile how these transponders can be listed as linear polarization on downlink when circular is needed as is posted on LyngSat would be very appreciated as well.  

Attached Files

Edited by HoTat2, 09 June 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#132 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,317 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:43 PM

54 = 2x27 MHz - could be it's aggregrated number? For combined H and V polarization ?

Perhaps it cannot reach NorCal ... but anyway, no one GLA tpn by combination of SR & /Modumlation is using 54 MHz, could be 36 MHz max  if SR close to30Msps or 24 MHz for lower SR

The PDF is old, perhaps initially proposed. but again current tuners/demod chips would not appreciate 54 MHz tpns

Edited by P Smith, 09 June 2013 - 11:49 PM.

#133 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

54 = 2x27 MHz - could be it's aggregrated number? For combined H and V polarization ?

Hard to say for certain P. Smith;

All we have are the official FCC tech. document filings done when G3C was under the ownership of PanamSat (now under Intelsat) in the early 2000s, and as you can see from the attachment the transponders assigned to the N.A. or N.A. + P.R. beam are (on the downlink side) wideband 54 MHz with vertical polarization and a lesser size 27 MHz for the horizontal tps.

Now the smaller horiz. pol. 27 MHz transponders make sense and can be the ones used by the World Direct service. But the wide vert. pol. ones are where the question lies as to their actual bandwidth and polarization.   

.... Perhaps it cannot reach NorCal ... but anyway, no one GLA tpn by combination of SR & /Modumlation is using 54 MHz, could be 36 MHz max  if SR close to30Msps or 24 MHz for lower SR

But can't it just be a case of a 36 MHz wide signal spectrum sent down the middle of a 54 MHz wide transponder? IOW, approx. 9 MHz on either band tp. edge is unused?

Like with the Spaceways a 36 MHz wide signal spectrum within a 62.5 MHz wide transponder size.

​Certainly not an efficient way of doing business, but nevertheless possible 

.... The PDF is old, perhaps initially proposed. but again current tuners/demod chips would not appreciate 54 MHz tpns

Possibly;

Though if true I can't imagine the FCC being happy about such outdated info. still on file without updates. But perhaps it slipped through the cracks. 

#134 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

That's correct!!!

Also of interesting note;

It appears a new DLA LNB will be needed, to receive HD service for Intelsat 30/31 which can accommodate 12 new 36 MHz wide transponders on regional South American  beams in 10.95-11.2 GHz band.

Attached Files

#135 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,317 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Damn ! New LNBF.

Just to get G3C low freq tpns you'll need special circular LNBF, now this one ... it's like European universal, but South American  fashion: circular.

#136 OFFLINE   egakagoc2xi

egakagoc2xi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

Also of interesting note;

It appears a new DLA LNB will be needed, to receive HD service for Intelsat 30/31 which can accommodate 12 new 36 MHz wide transponders on regional South American beams in 10.95-11.2 GHz band.

yes, I already have it installed. :) about two months ago.

#137 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

yes, I already have it installed. :) about two months ago.

They're distributing those new LNBFs down there already in anticipation of Intelsat 30/31?

Covering 10.95-11.2 GHz, and 11.450-12.2 GHz?

Is it just the LNBF which is swapped out or a new dish assembly as well?

Note: Oh, and BTW, congratulations on getting the Sundance channel down there;

Though I think like with us here on DIRECTV USA, its only going to be in SD ... :grin: 

http://www.hollywood...sundance-565575

Edited by HoTat2, 10 June 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#138 OFFLINE   egakagoc2xi

egakagoc2xi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

They're distributing those new LNBFs down there already in anticipation of Intelsat 30/31?

Covering 10.95-11.2 GHz, and 11.450-12.2 GHz?

Is it just the LNBF which is swapped out or a new dish assembly as well?

Note: Oh, and BTW, congratulations on getting the Sundance channel down there;

Though I think like with us here on DIRECTV USA, its only going to be in SD ... :grin:

http://www.hollywood...sundance-565575

Yes, I believe I will be on SD also.

They just swapped the LNBF, they have been doing so, since December.

#139 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,317 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

Yes, I believe I will be on SD also.

They just swapped the LNBF, they have been doing so, since December.

If you could give the LNBF's model exactly. Will it support a range 11 GHz ?

Edited by P Smith, 11 June 2013 - 08:47 PM.

#140 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

If you could give the LNBF's model exactly. Will it support a range 11 GHz ?

Based on the Ku band frequency plan chart for Intelsat 30 I posted back in my post #134 P. Smith, it would have to support most of 11 GHz at least  ...

Transponders will occupy from 10.95-11.2 GHz and 11.45-12.2 GHz.

A 1.25 GHz span with a 250 MHz gap between 11.2 and 11.45 GHz. 

Edited by HoTat2, 11 June 2013 - 09:33 PM.

spam firewall