Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Transponder Maps: Domestic & LatinAm ~ Data Refresh 8/13/2014

• Please log in to reply
474 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   egakagoc2xi

egakagoc2xi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

ImageUploadedByDBSTalk1371030427.906165.jpg

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,757 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

thank you for the page

#143 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,950 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

Thanks;

Found additional techie stuff and photos for this new DLA LNBF on an unofficial blog site for DIRECTV Uruguay;    

http://dtvuruguay.bl...ectv-latam.html

You can try Google translate or some other to convert to English, but the grammatical errors in the translation process makes for difficult reading many times. At least for Google Translate which I used.

I do wonder though since this new LNB will use IF down block signals from 450-700MHz when Intelsat 30/31 are operational if a type of Latin American "Low Band Converter" for that band which accomplishes what the BBC does for DIRECTV USA or a LA version of the H/HR23 receiver if not another altogether new model with wideband tuners chips like the H/HR23 is going to be necessary?

As, at least in the U.S., DIRECTV receiver tuners capable of operating in (non-SWiM) legacy mode can't receive frequencies much below 900 MHz excepting the H/HR23.     

Edited by HoTat2, 12 June 2013 - 02:30 PM.

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#144 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

Doctor J Comments for the 6/12/13 Data:

NETWORK NAME    CHANNEL  LIL  NOTES_0                   NOTES_1

HD LIL Channel New Active

14     KTFF     61    72   A3 Fresno 61 KTFF UMas    UniMas from KTFFDT-TV, 61, Fresno, CA

Channels Removed

14   WRBJ HD    34    94   A3 Jackson 34 WRBJ IND    Independent from WRBJDT-TV, 34, Jackson, MS

3    WRBJ SD    34    94   Jackson (MS) WRBJ 34 IND  Independent from WRBJ-TV, 34, Jackson, MS

Edited by Gary Toma, 12 June 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#145 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

....  You're referring to freeing up spectrum on Beam Oeste. I thought you were referring to PR's former HD bandwidth along with the issue that gct's mapping info. for LA doesn't consistently show those channels as exclusive to PR, so I didn't notice that some channels were. In fact I actually thought all channels on Beam Oeste were available to everyone in LA and the Caribbean.

We have had some confusion regarding which LatinAm markets receive which Beams.

I put an updated, more explicit, Latin Network Decoder together to clarify some of these questions.  This post is a bit delayed because I sent the new Decoder off to Latin area folks for validation before posting it here.  This updated version will be included in forthcoming LatinAm TPN Maps.

Your comment "...I actually thought all channels on Beam Oeste were available to everyone in LA and the Caribbean "  appears to be fully accurate.

I specifically asked confirmation that:

1.    Only the El Caribe islands area and PR itself can receive the Beam PR channels.  These two areas get Beam PR and Beam Oeste, but do not receive Beam Sur.

2.    All the other areas shown (except El Caribe and PR) do receive both Beam Sur and Beam Oeste, but not Beam PR.

3.    All the other areas shown (except El Caribe and PR) do receive all indicated transponders of Beam Sur and Beam Oeste.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: 6/22/13:  The Network Decoder attachment has been deleted.  Please see the most current Latin TPN Map Excel for the most up to date version of the Decoder.

Edited by Gary Toma, 22 June 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#146 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

We have had some confusion regarding which LatinAm markets receive which Beams.

I put an updated, more explicit, Latin Network Decoder together to clarify some of these questions.  This post is a bit delayed because I sent the new Decoder off to Latin area folks for validation before posting it here.  This updated version will be included in forthcoming LatinAm TPN Maps.

Your comment "...I actually thought all channels on Beam Oeste were available to everyone in LA and the Caribbean "  appears to be fully accurate.

I specifically asked confirmation that:

1.    Only the El Caribe islands area and PR itself can receive the Beam PR channels.  These two areas get Beam PR and Beam Oeste, but do not receive Beam Sur.

2.    All the other areas shown (except El Caribe and PR) do receive both Beam Sur and Beam Oeste, but not Beam PR.

3.    All the other areas shown (except El Caribe and PR) do receive all indicated transponders of Beam Sur and Beam Oeste.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the more comprehensive DLA map Gary, and for the info. from your contact(s) down there.

One point and a question though;

First I think what egakagoc2xi is saying is that while all "transponders" assigned to Beam Oeste may be available to all countries in LA, Puerto Rico, and EL Caribe, not all channels carried by those transponders (which are ~12-14 SD ones/per) are available to all the countries. Some are exclusive to individual countries. Therefore if the "channels" (not "transponders") on Beam Oeste along with the transfer of tp. 25 which were exclusive to PR and the EL Caribe are eventually removed having now been migrated to satellites on DIRECTV USA, that will create additional (likely SD) bandwidth for more channels on Beam Oeste for the other countries in LA.

Also, did or can your LA contact(s) confirm egakagoc2xi's claim that the HD portion of Beam PR (Tps. 2, 5, and 11) have indeed been turned off?         

#147 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:00 PM

You are correct - the specific channels available vary by country and also vary dependent upon the programming package the viewer has subscribed to.  The ability to receive a transponder does not imply that all or any channels on that transponder will be viewable.

In the case of the Beam PR HD channels:  The Latin TPN Map of 4/3/13, had 14 HD Channels as a part of Beam PR.  They broke down as:

5 HD Channels on TPN 2

5 HD Channels on TPN 5

4 HD Channels on TPN 11

Our next Latin TPN Map, 6/5/13, did not include any of those 14 HD Channels.  Presently, TPNs 2, 5 and 11 all show as unused.  Although 6 of those departed HD Channels appear in Beam Sur as different channel numbers, 8 of those HD Channels do not appear on G3C at all.  Beam Sur is not available in PR, and of course Beam Oeste has no HD channels at all.

All those departed HD Channels and many more are available in Puerto Rico as a part of the new US Domestic Package Service offering which began operation on 12/17/12.

Said another way: if you are watching HD in PR today:

you are doing so with your new LHR-24 Receiver and your SL-5 dish;

you are receiving HD Channels from SW1 @103W and SW2 @99W

you are receiving all your SONIC channels as MPEG4 from SW1 and SW2

you are receiving SD Channels from SW1 @103W, SW2 @99W and D5 @110W

you are receiving all your Channels as if you are Domestic Local-Into-Local Market  #213

I will appreciate any input and correction from folks in the Puerto Rico Market....
:)

#148 OFFLINE   egakagoc2xi

egakagoc2xi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

I'm suppose to be the LA contact :(

I haven't been able to check this week, but what Gary tells you is pretty accurate.

#149 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hey egakagoc2xi;

On these abbreviations for the South American regional uplink centers or satellite teleports mentioned in the ku band frequency plan for Intelsat 30 (and possibly 31), I assume stand for;

VBC - Venezuelan Broadcast Center?

CoBC - Colombian Broadcast Center?

ABC - Argentine Broadcast Center?

BBC - ????

(Not including the "CBC," of course which I know is for DIRECTV's "California Broadcast Center" here in Long Beach, CA. in the SW CONUS)

Have any knowledge on this, in particular what uplink center the "BBC" is? 

Edited by HoTat2, 16 June 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#150 OFFLINE   egakagoc2xi

egakagoc2xi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

It should be Brasil, some channels are uploaded from there

#151 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

Here is page from a DTVLA Presentation a couple of years ago.  As best I am aware, the Broadcast Uplink Centers as shown have not changed.

I am not sure what "CoBc" means, if it is not the Long Beach facility???

Attached Files

#152 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

Here is page from a DTVLA Presentation a couple of years ago.  As best I am aware, the Broadcast Uplink Centers as shown have not changed.

I am not sure what "CoBc" means, if it is not the Long Beach facility???

OK, thanks a much;

Assuredly not much else is accurate in that document, but the broadcast centers should be. I thought "BBC" was for Brazil but couldn't be sure as the satellite receive beam boresight axis for the BBC appears to be in southern Brazil close to Uruguay, so thought it might refer to a city in the latter until I my brain-lock cleared and realized the broadcast centers are named by countries and not cities.

I also feel that "CoBC" is for a (perhaps new?) regional uplink center in Columbia making for two centers each uplinking to as many as 24 36 MHz wide transponders primarily for HD programming to cover north (VBC and CoBC in regions 1 and 2) and south (ABC and BBC in regions 3 and 4) portions of SA.     

#153 OFFLINE   egakagoc2xi

egakagoc2xi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

I have that believe also, I can't remember where I read that directv was planing building a new uplink station in Colombia, but I'm not sure, I will look into it.

#154 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

Doctor J Comments for the 6/19/13 Data:

HD LIL Channel New

NETWORK     NAME   CHANNEL   LIL_MKT    NOTES_0                    NOTES_1

11       WRGX     23        57       A3 Dothan 23 WRGX NBC      NBC from WRGXDT-TV, 23, Dothan, AL

#155 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

I have that believe also, I can't remember where I read that directv was planing building a new uplink station in Colombia, but I'm not sure, I will look into it.

egakagoc2xi;

Can you also give me (or "us") some idea what its usually like past the dish?

I mean I assume a typical setup down there is a 24 inch round dish feeding two lines from the DLA duel LNB, but then to what?

Is it usually to a multiline voltage/tone type multiswitch or a SWiM type multiswitch which then feeds the individual receivers?

Also, can or does your version of the WHDVR service, "NEXUS," travel over the satellite coax as a MoCA signal? And if so since the new LNB down-block will now cover 450-700 MHz and 900-1650 MHz what frequency range does the MoCA signal use, as it can't be the 475-625 MHz one used here?     

Edited by HoTat2, 30 June 2013 - 02:58 AM.

#156 OFFLINE   egakagoc2xi

egakagoc2xi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

egakagoc2xi;

Can you also give me (or "us") some idea what its usually like past the dish?

I mean I assume a typical setup down there is a 24 inch round dish feeding two lines from the DLA duel LNB, but then to what?

Is it usually to a multiline voltage/tone type multiswitch or a SWiM type multiswitch which then feeds the individual receivers?

Also, can or does your version of the WHDVR service, "NEXUS," travel over the satellite coax as a MoCA signal? And if so since the new LNB down-block will now cover 450-700 MHz and 900-1650 MHz what frequency range does the MoCA signal use, as it can't be the 475-625 MHz one used here?     

All you assumptions are correct. It uses MoCa and SWiM. I will get back to you on the frequency range of the MoCA.

BTW: Today I checked...and nothing new...Gary has the info.

#157 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

.... BTW: Today I checked...and nothing new...Gary has the info

The new 6/19/13 Latin TPN Map has just been posted.

#158 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

....Directv was maybe planing building a new uplink station in Colombia, but I'm not sure, I will look into it.

No new Broadcast Centers are forthcoming, based on the 10-K Document filed by Directv 2/21/13;

"The major locations of the DIRECTV Latin America segment include 11 administrative offices, four broadcast centers and eight call centers. We consider our properties adequate for our present needs."

#159 OFFLINE   Lucian_rider

Lucian_rider

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSt. Lucia, West Indies

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

Hi all,

I'm guessing this might have been asked before and might be off topic for this thread, but I am looking for information concerning receiving Directv Puerto Rico via the US satellites (110 and 103) in other Caribbean islands.

I live in St. Lucia (14N 61W) and yesterday tried getting a signal from 103 using a 6' dish with the SL3 LNB McGyvered into place but found nothing. We had the 21 volt power inserter and with a Super Buddy either through the power inserter or via a 6 x 8 switch got nothing.

At this point I really don't know if there is a problem with my connections, fitment of the LNB to the Channel Master LNB bracket or (I hope not) a lack of signal.... I'm also unsure as to the transponder frequency if correct via the Super Buddy defaults. I have the latest files on the unit.

I'm hoping that Raphael might chime in on this as he always has his thumb on the pulse of receiving the various services around the Caribbean.

Feel free to move this post if necessary.

I look forward to hearing anything on this subject.

Regards,

Chris

#160 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hi all,

I'm guessing this might have been asked before and might be off topic for this thread, but I am looking for information concerning receiving Directv Puerto Rico via the US satellites (110 and 103) in other Caribbean islands.

I live in St. Lucia (14N 61W) and yesterday tried getting a signal from 103 using a 6' dish with the SL3 LNB McGyvered into place but found nothing. We had the 21 volt power inserter and with a Super Buddy either through the power inserter or via a 6 x 8 switch got nothing.

At this point I really don't know if there is a problem with my connections, fitment of the LNB to the Channel Master LNB bracket or (I hope not) a lack of signal.... I'm also unsure as to the transponder frequency if correct via the Super Buddy defaults. I have the latest files on the unit.

I'm hoping that Raphael might chime in on this as he always has his thumb on the pulse of receiving the various services around the Caribbean.

Feel free to move this post if necessary.

I look forward to hearing anything on this subject.

Regards,

Chris

St. Lucia?

I'm afraid your "(I hope not) a lack of signal..." is precisely the problem I'm sorry to say. St. Lucia is in the Southern Caribbean which as the location implies is too far south for Puerto Rico's signals.

PR currently receives spotbeams from DIRECTV's Spaceway 1 and 2 satellites at 103 and 99 W and from a CONUS beam lobe extension from D5 at 110 which covers the island all well north of your location even for a 6 ft. dish/SL3 contrivance.   

spam firewall