Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Transponder Maps: Domestic & LatinAm ~ Data Refresh 8/27/2014

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#321 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,302 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

No AM21 on that receiver. I'll check another later that does and post back.

EDIT: Here's my unit with an AM21 on it:

image.jpg

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#322 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

Doctor J Comments for the 2/5/2014 Data

ADDED ONE SD LIL Channel
MKT 128 NET 639 Mobile, AL- Pensacola, FL
WFBD    48    639    31    Mobile-Pensacol WFBD 48 IND    Independent television services from WFBD-TV, 48, Mobile, AL.

ADDED ONE HD LIL Channel
MKT 128 NET 639 Mobile, AL- Pensacola, FL
WFBD    48    639    15    A3 Mobile 48 WFBD IND    Independent television services from WFBDDT-TV, 48, Mobile, AL.

REMOVED ONE HD LIL CHannel
MKT 137 NET 648 Odessa, TX
KWWT    30    648    22    A3 Odessa 30 KWWT IND    Independent television services from KWWT-TV, 30, Odessa, TX.

ADDED ONE *TEST SD Channel
MKT 147 NET 658 Philadelphia,PA
*KJWP    2    658    12    Philadelphia KJWP 02 IND    Independent television services from KJWP-TV, 02, Philadelphia, PA

ADDED ONE *TEST HD Channel
*KJWP    2    658    15    A3 Philadelphia 02 KJWP IND    Independent television services from KJWPDT-TV, 2, Philadelphia, PA

#323 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,758 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

Nice and also in Philly 35-2 which is NHK World HD shows HD in the guide but the signal is 480i with the HD feed letterboxed and downressed. Hopefully they fix that and match the resolution to what the guide says.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#324 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,882 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

You'd have to contact Zap2it/TMS or the station to get that fixed:
http://tvlistings.za...35.2&aid=zap2it

Try sending Zap2it a message that 35.2 is not in HD and they'll remove the HD flag for the channel:
http://www.zap2it.co...59403.htmlstory

#325 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:51 AM

You'd have to contact Zap2it/TMS or the station to get that fixed:
http://tvlistings.za...35.2&aid=zap2it

Try sending Zap2it a message that 35.2 is not in HD and they'll remove the HD flag for the channel:
http://www.zap2it.co...59403.htmlstory

Thanks for the links;

I've had that problem as well for years with the secondary SD sub-channel 58-2 of our local PBS station KLCS (carried as an MPEG-4 SD channel by DIRECTV) which regularly list many programs erroneously as in "HD."

And I see they're labeled that way in the Zap2it guide too so the problem definitely comes from them. 

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#326 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,743 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

Thanks for the links;

I've had that problem as well for years with the secondary SD sub-channel 58-2 of our local PBS station KLCS (carried as an MPEG-4 SD channel by DIRECTV) which regularly list many programs erroneously as in "HD."

And I see they're labeled that way in the Zap2it guide too so the problem definitely comes from them. 

If an HD feed actually exists for said channel, the HD tags could help encourage request calls to DirecTV for upgrading said channel to HD.

However, I recently contacted Tribune to inform them that a local channel of mine had HD tags on their syndicated programming, and the only HD the station offers is from the network.  I was informed that the HD tags are placed on programming available in HD, and my local station's presentation/capabilities didn't matter.  I don't know if this is a change in policy, or if the person was full of it, but that's what I was told. 

#327 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,882 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

It's half of the story, while the programs themselves have the HD tags and they can't really do anything about it for stations that have an HD feed but the content is only limited to network programming, there is an HD flag that the channel itself has that determines if the channel should show HD tags in their programming. It's why you see HD tags on Nickelodeon HD but not on Nickelodeon.

Edited by KyL416, 10 February 2014 - 02:27 PM.

#328 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,743 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

It's half of the story, while the programs themselves have the HD tags and they can't really do anything about it for stations that have an HD feed but the content is only limited to network programming, there is an HD flag that the channel itself has that determines if the channel should show HD tags in their programming. It's why you see HD tags on Nickelodeon HD but not on Nickelodeon.

In the past, I've contacted Tribune about syndicated programming without any trouble.  They simply corrected it.  This is the first time I was told that they don't do that.  I don't know if this is a change, or simply one person not knowing what they were talking about.

#329 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

Well this is what they said to me regarding 35-2 showing HD tags but not really carried in HD on DirecTV (Philly market)...
Dear Zap2it User,

Thank you for your email. We list the HD flag as an identifier that those shows MAY be available as broadcast in HD not that it IS broadcast in HD. This is only where available so we list it for that channel.

Please disregard it if necessary.

Thank you,
The Zap2it Customer Feedback Team
rs

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#330 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,743 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:29 PM

Well this is what they said to me regarding 35-2 showing HD tags but not really carried in HD on DirecTV (Philly market)...
Dear Zap2it User,

Thank you for your email. We list the HD flag as an identifier that those shows MAY be available as broadcast in HD not that it IS broadcast in HD. This is only where available so we list it for that channel.

Please disregard it if necessary.

Thank you,
rs

Here's was the last response I got:

Dear Zap2it User,

Thank you for your email.  We appreciate your feedback.

We would like to provide a bit of clarification regarding the HD tags on the site. The HD tag that is flagged on certain programming, is only a designation that the show was produced and is available in HDTV, where available. This does not necessarily mean that it is being broadcast in HD.

We hope this information is helpful.

Thank you for being a Zap2it User.

Regards,
(MCD)

#331 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Doctor J Comments for the  2/12/2014 Data

ONE NEW SD LIL Channel
MKT45 NET556 Columbia, SC
CW    50    45    Columbia (SC) CW 50 (Virtual)    CW television services from WDCW-TV, 50, Washington, D.C.

---supplement ---  added 2/14/14

UPDATE ONE *TEST SD Channel to ACTIVE

*KJWP   2       658     Independent television services from KJWP-TV, 02, Philadelphia, PA

UPDATE ONE *TEST HD Channel to ACTIVE

*KJWP   2       658     Independent television services from KJWPDT-TV, 2, Philadelphia, PA

#332 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

egakagoc2xi   Comments for the 2/16/2014 Panamericana Data

Interesting new HD Channel in *TEST

1     *HDVRTL     1522  20    G3C @95W    Test Chl    _     HD Virtual Channel     

#333 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

In the Philly market ch 35-2 is now an HD broadcast of a DirecTV slate stating "no need to call us". Ch 35 WYBE is the same slate, but in SD. So maybe 35-2 will go HD since the slate is in HD.

Also I was surprised to see the Me TV affiliate added not only in SD, but HD. They really have a lot of HD in this market. I wonder how much bandwidth they have left? I would still like to see Ch 23 NJN (PBS) go HD someday. We have 15 locals in HD, more than that in SD.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#334 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,743 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

In the Philly market ch 35-2 is now an HD broadcast of a DirecTV slate stating "no need to call us". Ch 35 WYBE is the same slate, but in SD. So maybe 35-2 will go HD since the slate is in HD.

Also I was surprised to see the Me TV affiliate added not only in SD, but HD. They really have a lot of HD in this market. I wonder how much bandwidth they have left? I would still like to see Ch 23 NJN (PBS) go HD someday. We have 15 locals in HD, more than that in SD.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. 

Recently, there was an issue with my "local" CBS (WSWG-DT 44-1) and CW (WSWG-DT3 44-3) feeds on DirecTV.  They were offline for over a day.  CBS is in HD, but The CW is SD only via DirecTV (at this time), yet both channels had the DirecTV HD slate.

As DirecTV receives CBS and The CW via different means than my other locals since WSWG's signal does not reach DirecTV's LRF facility, my hope was that DirecTV was working on their equipment in order to offer the local affiliate's feed in HD, but alas, their was just a problem with the method in which they receive the two channels that was fixed the next day.

My guess is that since viewers in your market receiving 35-2 would have to have an HD receiver, they used the HD slate, but as SD and HD subs can receive #35, they used the SD slate for all customers.   My market is an MPEG-4 only market, so all subs receiving these channels could view the HD slate.

#335 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:13 PM

Alan, that's a good explanation. In all my research with the antenna and OTA websites, all subchannels of 35 in my market are in 480i. Now 35-2 is NHK World TV simulcast and I've seen the HD version on Time Warner. Thus knowing there is an NHK HD, the guide flags shows with the HD indicator, and the technical difficulties slate is HD- I did have my hopes up.

The slate is still up and I think there is so much HD in our market that the text has an occasional jiggle or glitch (maybe from over compression).

We have 15 locals in HD and 23 locals in SD. That's pretty decent.

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#336 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

Alan, that's a good explanation. In all my research with the antenna and OTA websites, all subchannels of 35 in my market are in 480i. Now 35-2 is NHK World TV simulcast and I've seen the HD version on Time Warner. Thus knowing there is an NHK HD, the guide flags shows with the HD indicator, and the technical difficulties slate is HD- I did have my hopes up.

The slate is still up and I think there is so much HD in our market that the text has an occasional jiggle or glitch (maybe from over compression).

We have 15 locals in HD and 23 locals in SD. That's pretty decent.

Yeah, those are exceptionally good HD numbers for the #4 market;

Here in L.A. the #2 one, the count is only slightly higher for HD at 17, and 28 SD ones (2 in MPEG-4/Ka).

Of note: I can now receive NHK HD (it's in 720p) OTA with an AM21 from KCET 28-4 which recently started broadcasting it on that sub-channel. 

#337 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,761 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

guys, :backtotop:

#338 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

Doctor J Comments for the 2/19/2014 Data

Drop One SD LIL Channel to REPLACE with one HD LIL Channel
MKT 182 NET693 Saint Louis, MO
ION    46    693    2    182    A3 Saint Louis 46 ION (Virt)    ION television services.

#339 ONLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

Doctor J Comments for the 2/19/2014 Data

Drop One SD LIL Channel to REPLACE with one HD LIL Channel
MKT 182 NET693 Saint Louis, MO
ION    46    693    2    182    A3 Saint Louis 46 ION (Virt)    ION television services.

What was the SD LiL channel dropped Gary? 

#340 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,882 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

WRBU:
http://www.dbstalk.c...uis-channel-46/

spam firewall