Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Transponder Maps: Domestic & LatinAm ~ Data Refresh 9/17/2014

• Please log in to reply
509 replies to this topic

#501 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

The Doctor J Comments for the 5/14/2014 Data

TWO HD LIL *TEST CHANNELS REMOVED

14      *WTLF          24      3        SW1 @103W Test: Local-Into-Local Chl  057    1060  184   

A3 Tallahassee 24 WTLF CW        CW from WTLFDT-TV, 24, Tallahassee, FL

Any word on when the CW (Tallahassee 24 WTLF) channel is going HD?  Thanks.

DirecTV Customer Since 2007

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#502 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,812 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:10 AM

Nobody here knows, but considering it was in testing for like two years, and DirecTV removed it in May, I wouldn't be holding my breath for it being added anytime soon.

Sorry!  I'm waiting on my affiliate of The CW to go HD on DirecTV as well...  :(

Edited by Alan Gordon, 18 September 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#503 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,036 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:21 AM

Nobody here knows, but considering it was in testing for like two years, and DirecTV removed it in May, I wouldn't be holding my breath for it being added anytime soon.

Sorry!  I'm waiting on my affiliate of The CW to go HD on DirecTV as well...  :(

Interestingly enough;

The last TPN map release for 9/10 shows WTLF HD back up in test again. On the same satellite and transponder listed before.  

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#504 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

Doctor J Comments for the 9/17/2014 Domestic Data:

New HD LIL DMA In Service

11      WVAW          16      3        SW2 @99W  99S    057    1070  36

A3 Charlottesville 16 WVAW ABC           ABC from WVAWDT-TV, 16, Charlottesville, VA

11      WCAV           19      3        SW2 @99W  99S    057    1080  36

A3 Charlottesville 19 WCAV CBS            CBS from WCAVDT-TV, 19, Charlottesville, VA

11      WAHU           27      1        SW2 @99W  99S    053    1060  36

A3 Charlottesville 27 WAHU FOX            FOX from WAHUDT-TV, 27, Charlottesville, VA

11      WVIR            29      1        SW2 @99W  99S    053    1070  36

A3 Charlottesville 29 WVIR NBC            NBC from WVIRDT-TV, 29, Charlottesville, VA

11      CW               30      1        SW2 @99W  99S    053    1090  36

A3 Charlottesville 30 WVIRDT3 CW       CW from WVIRDT3-TV, 30, Charlottesville, VA

11      WHTJ           41      1        SW2 @99W  99S    053    1080  36

A3 Charlottesville 41 WHTJ PBS             PBS from WHTJDT-TV, 41, Charlottesville, VA

#505 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:55 PM

Nielsen Ratings Update

The 'Market' tab in this week's TPN Map Excel (9/17/14) incorporates the 2014-2015 Nielsen DMA ratings which were released on 9/12/14.  Each year there are winners moving up in the DMA rankings - and of course the loser DMAs, dropping in the relative rankings.

This is a great macro view of the shifting demographics within the United States.

The 'Market' tab also reflects the new Charlottesville, VA, HD-LIL DMA added since last week.  The recap numbers at the bottom of the Market tab now show Directv HD Local service is provided to 99.54% of US TV Households.

#506 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,036 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:33 PM

Hey Gary;

Are you and egakagoc2xi making any progress at sorting out the confusing situation going on with DIRECTV LA?

The new transponders popping up and mislabeled signal level screens posted recently by an Uruguay technician down there appearing as DIRECTV test new receiver firmware in preparation for DLA-1's launch is really making a confusing mess of the network decoders in previous LA TPN maps.       

DIRECTV sub. since Sep. of '95

#507 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:39 PM

HoTat2,

I have been traveling for the past week - just got back today.  It will take me a little time to dig my way up to the surface of my desk...

However -- on the DLA-1 front, I think we will be okay.  egakagoc2xi (henceforth to be nicknamed 'ega') has all the data, which includes former Networks 0, 1 and 2 - but now with Pan Networks 3 and 4 added from DLA-1.  As I recall, DLA-1 also has augmented the  Network 1 (Beam Sur) TPN array.  I expect there will be up to four additional Regional Networks that will soon be making an appearance too.

We also have the necessary data from the DLA-1 Schedule S; I expect it will all logically come together.  As quickly as we can, we will work through it and post what seems to make sense.

One last note - look at the current "Network Decoder" tab for the Latin TPN Map -  the Receiver Display numbering has always seemed 'a mess' to me.  But we have just posted what the LA units present.  Net 1 for instance displays TPNs labeled 13-20 and then 21-24.  Oh well.

#508 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:12 AM

Thanks Alan.  This really sucks. There are several shows both new and old that I'd like to watch on CW but refuse to watch in SD.

And now after my recent Genie upgrade, I don't know how or why but the installer changed my dish LNB and setup so now I don't even see my local CW channel 24 in the guide anymore. Guess I'll call D* back and bug them about it some more.  :nono2:

DirecTV Customer Since 2007

#509 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,866 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:32 PM

On the 9/17 TPN Map, WTLF is still in *TEST status.  That is a very good sign.

#510 ONLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,866 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:44 PM

Updated LATIN TPN Map

An updated Latin TPN Map has just been posted. 

For the first time, we have references to Networks 3 and 4, Networks expected to be provided by the soon-to-launch DLA-1.

This weeks TPN Map has -two- Network Decoder tabs, so I could provide you both the current and a new Network Decoder view.   We have some system data which has enabled us to assemble a 'forthcoming' Network Decoder with the inclusion of DLA-1.  Note too that Network 2, (Beam PR) has been 'robbed' of all but one TPN in the new layout.

An additional 4 Regional Networks are expected but have not yet appeared in the data.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...