Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Conflict of What to Do?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kiowa

Kiowa

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

On September 21st of this year I did a Upgrade to a 2 Hopper, 1 Joey System Set-up done by a local retailer of DISH. Since that time circumstances have changed and 1 of those Hoppers are no longer required. I called 2 weeks to deactivate the receiver and inquired about the shipping boxes to return the receiver. I again called on December 24th to let them (DISH) I had yet to receive the shipping return box. On that note return boxes are on there way. I was in contact with the retailer to discuss further options on the account. My first communication with the retailer was through email and followed by a call from the retailer. During the phone call the retailer asked if I had returned to the receiver back DISH I told I had not yet. He indicated that was good, because since it had been under one (1) year since the upgrade that the receiver still belonged to him (the retailer) and if I returned the receiver to DISH instead of him he would charge me what he called a "chargeback" fee of $600.00 also he said even if I did return the receiver back to him (the retailer) there would still be a fee of some sort he just hadn't calculated what that fee would be. The retailer kept telling me he had not reimbursed by DISH for the receiver yet and that's why I was to return it him. I did a chat with DISH followed by a call to a DISH supervisor after my conversation with the retailer and both reps from DISH told me I was to return the receiver to DISH per my agreement or face a fee from them (DISH). I'm up in arms on how to proceed, both are telling me to receiver to them or face a fee.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,916 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

All returns goes to dish per rules; the installer has short time frame to exchange non-working receiver while it discover that in your home, not just taking it from you if it out of config.
Don't accept the guy's demands - he cannot charge you back - your financial side of the contract handling by dish, only.
I would tell him: "talk a walk on the wild side" :) and will send the DVR back in provided prepaid return box, only!

Edited by P Smith, 27 December 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

As posted in your other forum, did you read the contracts you signed in Sept?

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,916 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

he has 30 day to exercise his right to cancel/change initial setup;
hope all records/sides has a proof of his timely action to eliminate the ONE hopper

#5 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

That retailer sounds like a criminal :P

#6 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,896 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Some retailers offer their own discounts with separate contracts attached. If you took any additional discount beyond what you see offered on the DISH.com website check everything you signed to make sure you didn't agree to something you should not have.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...