Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ASK DBSTALK: Software Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Eagles

Eagles

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 08:23 PM

I'm assuming L145 is just one of many software upgrades still to come that will incrementally fix or stabilize various bugs in the 921. Mark mentioned in a response to me in another thread that among many other things the technicians at echosphere were looking to accomplish thru software upgrades is to somehow make the OTA reception more robust or able to consistently lock on to a slightly weaker signal. Was this included in L145? If not, is this still something that will be addressed in the future? PS: I personally noticed a huge positive affect concerning the OTA function with L145. Still some problems, but much more stable. !pride

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MattG

MattG

Legend

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 10:19 PM

I have an outdoor winegard antenna without an amplifier in my attic and in my area there are 7 digital channels. I haven't made any changes to the antenna and this is how many channels I can receive with my old 6000 receiver vs. my 921:

6000 receiver : 4 channels
921 firmware L1.42 : 5 channels
921 firmware L1.45 : 7 channels

Based on my personal experience with the 921 it appears they have made some improvements with the OTA tuner and certainly can't complain about getting a solid lock on all the available OTA digital channels.

spam firewall