Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Can't Update Software On H24-700

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   pjschwartz

pjschwartz

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

92. 96. 95. 0. 92. 99. 95. 99
94. 95. 95. 98. 95. 100. 95. 100
95. 0. 95. 97. 95. 99. 96. 100
93. 0. 95. 0. 96. 100. 95. 100

A HR22, HR34 and a recently retired HR20 have all been getting SW updates . . . the HR34 just got one on Wednesday . . . .

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   pjschwartz

pjschwartz

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

http://www.redh.com/dtv/ is indicating the SW feed for the H24 is coming from TP30 . . . as you can see, signal strength Is at max on TP30 . . . admittedly though, in checking the feed matix on redh, all the other HW which got SW downloads would have received it from a different TP.

#63 OFFLINE   carillon

carillon

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Folks,

I had my DirecTV service call this morning . . .

First, I wanted to say this was probably the MOST POSITIVE visit that I have ever had by a service tech from any company. He was very knowledgeable and did a complete and thorough check up of my system. Following the conclusion of the visit, he also provided me with his cellphone number (a new policy of the DirecTV service vendor in this area) with the understanding that if I experience any technical problems in the next 3 months, I should contact him directly.

The tech's immediate diagnosis was that my H24 was defective. He provided me with the option of either replacing it with a H24 or H25 (they don't have older, outdated models on the truck). I told him I wanted to to stick with a H24. When he connected the replacement H24, it strangely also would not take a forced download of the software (even with multiple attempts).

The tech then went back to his truck and grabbed a H25. Within seconds, it took the software download. The tech's conclusion is that DirecTV may be having a software download feed issue with the H24.

I am now glad that DirecTV sent a tech instead of just sending me a replacement H24. It looks like the H24s "may" currently be having an issue that would not have been resolved with getting a like model for replacement . . . or I would have gotten an older, outdated receiver.

At least for now, I am very happy with the H25, and in hindsight, it should have been the model I ordered. It is noticeably faster than the H24.

I mentioned to the tech that the reason I went with the H24 was that it had RF remote control capabilities. He went back out to his truck and grabbed me an RF dongle, as well as an RF remote (which I was planning to purchase in the future). Both were given to me free of charge.

So far, this has been a happy ending to my issue ! ! ! !

If there are any daring forum members with an H24, I'd be very interested in the results of what your experience is if you attempt to force a download.

Glad it worked out for you! I know it was beyond frustrating to not have it get the downloads. Anyway, my H24-700 has been successfully getting the CEs each week so I'm not sure about the H24s having d/l issues.
SlimLine-5 SWM-8-LNB Dish (HD Service / WHDVR)
HR34-700 Genie / Sharp 52LE700UN HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA
C31 Genie RVU Client / Dynex HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA
HR24-500 / Panasonic TC-P54S2 / HDMI / Networked - DECA
H24-700 / Toshiba SDTV / Networked - DECA

#64 OFFLINE   pjschwartz

pjschwartz

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Correction, the feed for the H24 700 and H25 500 are both coming from TP 25, which has a sig of 93 . . . .

#65 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,992 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Correction, the feed for the H24 700 and H25 500 are both coming from TP 25, which has a sig of 93 . . . .

Sometimes, bear in mind, they changing tpn for particular model.

I would go further (as to samrs insist on bad LNBF) and select to test the one particular tpn to see if signal level is steady and not fluctuating - will watch it for a few minutes.

#66 OFFLINE   pjschwartz

pjschwartz

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

I monitored the TPs for an hour last night. Some of the TPs vary occassionally, but only by +/- 1.

#67 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,992 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

I would take it as a sign of good LNBF and cabling. Most likely the STB is a culprit.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...