Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q1-13 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1827 replies to this topic

#541 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,106 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I want everyone to get all the HD they want. Back in the day I wanted NASA and when I got it and saw how little it had on thet I would watch I guess I was a bit dissapointed and now do not have it in my favorites

i had nasa hd when i had cable. it isn't a channel i would miss.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#542 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

If I remember right, Satellite racer said the AGE of Aquarius. Aquarius is normally January 20th through February 18th.
So, according to the hint, we should expect the channels anywhere in that time period.

Correct!!! :D
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#543 OFFLINE   TomK

TomK

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Whatever day the new channels start to arrive is fine by me. I am patient, I have been and will continue to be. It's obvious the new channel additions are being added when the new price increases take effect, seems to be a good strategy on Directv's part. But hey, adding the channels sooner is better than later.

#544 OFFLINE   Starchild

Starchild

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Whatever day the new channels start to arrive is fine by me. I am patient, I have been and will continue to be. It's obvious the new channel additions are being added when the new price increases take effect, seems to be a good strategy on Directv's part. But hey, adding the channels sooner is better than later.

Most reasonable poster here. I have to agree 100%!
Directv since 1996
HD since 2001

#545 OFFLINE   stoutman

stoutman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 438 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

They should raise their prices more often! Lol

#546 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,256 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Most reasonable poster here. I have to agree 100%!

I agree too. I love the anticipation often better than the channels but it is all fun. They get here when they get here.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#547 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,348 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

Don't get too crazy!

#548 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Actually, I said Aquarius but nothing about the beginning of it.

No but the beginning of the period that is known as Aquarius is a known fact.

Lets ask a different question.... How many channels will launch next week? Revealing that can't really hurt anything, right?

PM with more info is of course ok ;)
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#549 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

I fixed your mistakes on this one. Apparently you haven't heard of Robin Meade.

I have heard of her. But a pretty girl is only half if it. If she doesn't have anything good to say, I'll just switch to a hot chick who does have something I'd like to hear
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#550 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,105 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

Is anyone else that subscribes to Starz/Encore Package seeing this line item under Recent Activity? I didn't add/remove anything nor did I make any changes.

Posted Image

Perhaps it has something to do with the preparation/authorization for Encore Action HD?

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DirecTV

5-LNB SlimLine w/SWM16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#551 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,517 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

Is anyone else that subscribes to Starz/Encore Package seeing this line item under Recent Activity? I didn't add/remove anything nor did I make any changes.

Posted Image

Perhaps it has something to do with the preparation/authorization for Encore Action HD?

I'm a Premier sub. It's not on my current billing statement.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#552 OFFLINE   bobvick1983

bobvick1983

Godfather

• Registered
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNW Alabama

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

Don give them any ideas!

DIRECTV
DIRECTV AU9-SL3 dish, SWM 16, HR44-700, HR24-100 2TB external HDD, HR24--200 1TB external HDD, HR24-200 1TB external HDD, HR21-700 receivers 2TB interal HDD, DECA Networked

C-BAND

7.5' SAMI C-Band dish, Chaparral Dual C feed, Norsat 8115C-Band LNB's, GEOSat Pro MicroHD, GBox V3000 Positioner

#553 ONLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,661 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

I agree too. I love the anticipation often better than the channels but it is all fun. They get here when they get here.

:eek2:

You and I are very different... :lol:

#554 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,256 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

Only now because all but about 13 hours or so of programming I now get in HD that I watch. BBCA was a very good add for me but at the same time, I watched doctor who in HD by other means.

I'm just very satisfied for some time now. So the game of what is coming next is more fun for me.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#555 ONLINE   YUMA11

YUMA11

AllStar

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

The 8 new channels including ,Dish Network has more than these channels directv.bloombregHD,encore west HD,fox movie channels HD, galavision HD,gsnHD,ownHD,rfdtvHD,sport man channels HD,styleHD,hubHD,the movie channels westHD,wetvHD,fuseHD.Let's go directv you can do it,Give us a good year please.

#556 OFFLINE   Howie

Howie

Godfather

• Registered
  • 283 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

The 8 new channels including ,Dish Network has more than these channels directv.bloombregHD,encore west HD,fox movie channels HD, galavision HD,gsnHD,ownHD,rfdtvHD,sport man channels HD,styleHD,hubHD,the movie channels westHD,wetvHD,fuseHD.Let's go directv you can do it,Give us a good year please.

It's difficult to parse your post, but I guess you're not too enthused with the new additions?

#557 ONLINE   YUMA11

YUMA11

AllStar

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

It's difficult to parse your post, but I guess you're not too enthused with the new additions?

Yes,I am happy,very happy.

#558 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,517 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Perhaps you'd be happier with DISH. With the upcoming 8 new HD channels I'd say DirecTV is having a good year already and it's only January.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#559 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Perhaps you'd be happier with DISH. With the upcoming 8 new HD channels I'd say DirecTV is having a good year already and it's only January.

Agreed. I was a Dish customer (briefly) many years ago and I would never go back. Customer service was terrible to say the least. Directv may have been behind as far as basic HD is concerned, but last year and so far this year, their additions have been great. Also, remember SR mentioned that more HD will follow after these 8 additions.

#560 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Posted Image

It's nothing, rather an authorization code to prepare for the Encore HD creation.
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

spam firewall