Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34/GENIE and the ANALOG SUNSET & INTERNET Question

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   storoo379

storoo379

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

Live in a LOCAL STATION area that is MPEG 4 only and will be getting DIRECTV in the next 2 weeks.

My question is since i have 2 older tube tv's with just componet and composite connections will I be able to connect the unit to my tv's ?

I asl cause 2013 is last year that analog is supposed be allowed to be connected.

ALSO - is it REQUIRED to have the HR34 or the C31 hooked up to the internet ?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 798 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Live in a LOCAL STATION area that is MPEG 4 only and will be getting DIRECTV in the next 2 weeks.

My question is since i have 2 older tube tv's with just componet and composite connections will I be able to connect the unit to my tv's ?

I asl cause 2013 is last year that analog is supposed be allowed to be connected.

ALSO - is it REQUIRED to have the HR34 or the C31 hooked up to the internet ?

Yes you will be able to connect the C31 and HR34 to your TVs. For the C31 you'll need the composite or component cable for the C31 but your tech will have that. Keep in mind that if you have no HD TVs you'll still be paying the full $20/m for Advanced Receiver Services if you get a C31/HR34 (of course you may get discounts for autopay). Whereas if you get just an HR24/H24 you won't be required to have the Advanced Receiver Services on there (only the $8/m for DVR since your market is MPEG-4 only). Although with the HR2x/H2x combo you won't get MRV without the full $20 Advanced Receiver charge.
Basically your HR34/C31 will work fine with any TVs, even if you have to use an RF modulator.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#3 OFFLINE   storoo379

storoo379

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Yes you will be able to connect the C31 and HR34 to your TVs. For the C31 you'll need the composite or component cable for the C31 but your tech will have that. Keep in mind that if you have no HD TVs you'll still be paying the full $20/m for Advanced Receiver Services if you get a C31/HR34 (of course you may get discounts for autopay). Whereas if you get just an HR24/H24 you won't be required to have the Advanced Receiver Services on there (only the $8/m for DVR since your market is MPEG-4 only). Although with the HR2x/H2x combo you won't get MRV without the full $20 Advanced Receiver charge.
Basically your HR34/C31 will work fine with any TVs, even if you have to use an RF modulator.

So we will be FORCED to pay the 10.00 HD access fee ? even though we will not have HD channels ?

I have got like 3 ansers on here and same amount of answers from DIRECTV customer service agents.

WHY is it so hard to get the real answer ?

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,502 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

SD only customers in an mpeg4 market have to have HD equipment, but they do not pay the HD fee.

#5 OFFLINE   storoo379

storoo379

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

SD only customers in an mpeg4 market have to have HD equipment, but they do not pay the HD fee.

so then instead of 23 bucks which the upcoming fee will be, i will only pay 13 bucks

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,502 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

I'm not sure how its handled in billing.they may do the line items differently, or charge the $23 and credit $10 back.

But the end result should be the same.

#7 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,730 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

Yeah, but they most likely do not get HR34's. I would be willing to bet that if the OP is requesting HR34's he'll have to pay the HD fee.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#8 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 798 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

Yeah, but they most likely do not get HR34's. I would be willing to bet that if the OP is requesting HR34's he'll have to pay the HD fee.

This is correct. The HR34 always has the HD Access fee on top. And if you want MRV without an HR34 you'll always have to have HD Access.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#9 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 798 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

so then instead of 23 bucks which the upcoming fee will be, i will only pay 13 bucks

No, you will pay $8 (soon more) for DVR with no HD. If you want MRV or an HR34 you will pay $20 (soon more) for the ARS charge

Edited by JBv, 28 December 2012 - 10:15 AM.

DirecTV Employee

spam firewall