Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

PS3 "coffin" box to send to Sony

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mike1977

mike1977

Legend

• Registered
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

How long does it take to get the coffin box? I called Wednesday night to set up an exchange for a slim, since my old, fat CECHE01 died.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Give it at least 5 business days, and since its the holiday season, it may take longer. If you just called Wednesday night, it appears you havent even allowed 48 hours.

#3 ONLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Good luck with the exchange. I've been though 3 thus far. It usually takes about a week from the time you ship your old one off until the exchange hits your door.

The first one they sent me was DOA, the second lasted 3 months and now I'm on the 3rd once whch is going on 4 months on it's own.....

All had the YLOD (yellow light of death). The older units weren't vented as well as the new ones; however they too can still have an overheating issue if placed in an enclosed area.

Just remmeber that the new PS slims are not backwards compatible (with PS 1 or PS2 games), have only 2 USB ports and no memory card readers as your prior model contained. There are accessories available to to overcome the last 2 shortfalls.

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

The biggest loss for me would be losing the SACD playback capability that my second gen unit has. Inexcusable for Sony to remove that.

#5 ONLINE   fireponcoal

fireponcoal

Icon

• Registered
  • 713 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

The biggest loss for me would be losing the SACD playback capability that my second gen unit has. Inexcusable for Sony to remove that.

Always wanted to try this feature but have never wanted to go out of my way to actually purchase a sacd. Better do it soon before I get the dreaded ylod.

Edited by fireponcoal, 30 December 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#6 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

There are many many titles still readily available, even occasionally a few at BB or some other big box stores. Even more specific, the older PS3's supported SACD playback over HDMI...something my current universal player does not.

#7 OFFLINE   mike1977

mike1977

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

I thought I would have received an email by now.

#8 OFFLINE   kirko

kirko

• Banned User
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Coffin box?... I'm not familiar with it at all?...

#9 OFFLINE   mike1977

mike1977

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

lol It was just a box with instructions and prepaid label to put over the one used to send it to me.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...