Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

921 Dish/Switch Requrements

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ericb101

ericb101

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 10:51 PM

Hi,

I know this has been probably been talked about, but could you tell me what extra equipment I need for the 921. I currently have the following equipment:

1 - Dish 500 dish
2 - Dual LNBF's (These are the LNBF's that came with the Dish 500 when it
1st came out about 2 years ago)
1 - SW21 Legacy (One coax from each LNBF into SW21 then 1 coax to 501).

Should I upgrade any equipment, use what I have, or a little of both. With my past experience with the DVR 510, the SW21 has been a real pain in the ace. Exactly what satellites are you trying to receive. Thanks again for your help.

Eric

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike123abc

Mike123abc

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 12:01 AM

You will need 2 coax drops to the 921, so you will either need to upgrade your legacy system with a SW44 or a SW64. Or convert everything to Dish Pro and use the DP34 switch.

Shop around for used/new equipment. Talk to your local retailers and see what they could set you up for.

#3 OFFLINE   ggw2000

ggw2000

Legend

• Registered
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 08:10 AM

Hi,

I know this has been probably been talked about, but could you tell me what extra equipment I need for the 921. I currently have the following equipment:

1 - Dish 500 dish
2 - Dual LNBF's (These are the LNBF's that came with the Dish 500 when it
1st came out about 2 years ago)
1 - SW21 Legacy (One coax from each LNBF into SW21 then 1 coax to 501).

Should I upgrade any equipment, use what I have, or a little of both. With my past experience with the DVR 510, the SW21 has been a real pain in the ace. Exactly what satellites are you trying to receive. Thanks again for your help.

Eric

This is the same setup I originally had. If you only have a Dish500 you should be able to put another SW21 on the setup and have the two inputs that are required for the 921. One cable from each LNBF goes to a SW21. This gives you two SW21s and therefore two outputs. It sounds like only one set was needed originally and that's why you only have one SW21... Hope this helps.

#4 OFFLINE   paulcdavis

paulcdavis

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 02:00 PM

I have a dish 500 with two sw-21s that used to feed two receivers and now feeds the two inputs of the 921. I've had no problems with sat channel reception, and signal levels on the point dish screen are higher than they used to be when connected to a 4700 and the JVC DVHS receiver.

#5 OFFLINE   ericb101

ericb101

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 05:33 PM

Guys,

Thanks for the help. Let me pose one more question. What would I need to do if I wanted to have 3 feeds instead of 2. This would allow me to connect a 921 with my current 510. Thanks again for the help.

#6 OFFLINE   ggw2000

ggw2000

Legend

• Registered
  • 236 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 07:31 PM

Guys,

Thanks for the help. Let me pose one more question. What would I need to do if I wanted to have 3 feeds instead of 2. This would allow me to connect a 921 with my current 510. Thanks again for the help.

I believe in that case you will have to run all four leads from your dual LNBFs to a SW44 switch. Then you could get three outputs.. I would like to figure out someway of doing this on my current setup but I have the "twin" lnbfs with the switch in them (next legacy version after yours) and according to what I am reading they cannot be used with a SW44 or SW64. :confused: . Gerry

spam firewall