Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Router Recommendation

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,980 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Hardware fails, and at one time or another, I've had issues with Linksys, D-Link, and Netgear routers. That said, by a very far margin, I've had the fewest issues with Netgear, which are the routers I use at home (all Cisco at work).

I'm in this camp, though no Ciscos at work. (No work!)
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#22 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,671 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Cisco ought to just buy DD-WRT and use it on their routers. They would become #1 in a hurry.

Word on the street is that Cisco simply hasn't invested much in the Linksys products themselves in terms of development. That happens sometimes when one company buys another. They need to do something to improve the Linksys reputation at this point - maybe that would help.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#23 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,755 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

The other word on the street is that Cisco hired Barclay's to shop Linksys around to find a buyer.

#24 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

+4

Switched from Netgear to an Airport Extreme about a year ago. Has worked flawlessly ever since. I used to get occasional WiFi drops with the Netgear. Added another wired Airport Extreme to extend a good 5G signal to the other end of the house. Very happy so far, set-up was quite easy.

#25 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

I'm using an intellenet access point now.. uverse unit still doing all routing..

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

#26 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,671 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

The other word on the street is that Cisco hired Barclay's to shop Linksys around to find a buyer.

That makes more sense based upon all the other reports then...
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

spam firewall