Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Choice to Download HD or SD in On-Demand

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JeffHobbs

JeffHobbs

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

Hi,

The hard drive on my previous hopper crashed. So I had to have a replacement unit sent. On my old Hopper I'm almost positive that when I'd go to On Demand, I'd have the option to download either a HD _or_ SD version of my download. With my new Hopper, I only see an option to download the HD version. My internet connection is slow and HD content seems to take a long time to download. When I go into the "Rental" folder, I can hit the "watch" button, but nothing happens. The video doesn't start or anything. So my guess is that it's because the download is still taking time. But I'd prefer to download the SD version of the show anyhow as I'm sure it would download much faster.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

have you waited 24-48 hours for the firmware to settle? :)

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   JeffHobbs

JeffHobbs

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

have you waited 24-48 hours for the firmware to settle? :)

No. Is that something I seriously need to do? Sadly, it wouldn't totally surprise me if you were serious.

But is this a real thing?

#4 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 878 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

Yes, new installs and some updates. Guide info, VOD, etc in particular. I remember this in the 922 installs, before... not so sure.
Thank you and
Best of luck

#5 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Dead serious. There's something about the advanced receivers (922 and Hopper) that need about 24 hours or so to settle in. Finishing firmware downloads from the satellite, whatever.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

spam firewall