Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Web Site - The requested URL was rejected

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jadebox

jadebox

Godfather

• Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

For the past couple of months, I've been getting an error after logging into the Dish web site:

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 7815993494478676050

This happens no matter what computer, browser, or ISP I use.

I've reported the problem through the "email" contact several times as well as using the chat function. But, it still hasn't been resolved.

Has anyone else had a similar situtation? If so, how was it resolved?

Thanks.

-- Roger

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 366 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

This url works for me http://www.mydish.com/

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,617 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

I haven't had any recent troubles using either Safari or Firefox at the Dish Web site.

What browser/versions/operating system? Any other Web site access issues? Do you have any ad/script blockers enabled?

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#4 OFFLINE   sregener

sregener

Godfather

• Registered
  • 592 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

Not sure if this is related but I couldn't get to dishonline.com yesterday or today - I get a message saying I was redirected too many times.

#5 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

works perfectly here

#6 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 826 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

Not sure if this is related but I couldn't get to dishonline.com yesterday or today - I get a message saying I was redirected too many times.

I got that the other day. I had clicked the wrong thing and tried to click the right one while the first was trying to open. Exited and then tried again and it worked.

#7 OFFLINE   jadebox

jadebox

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

The error occurs after logging into Dish.com/MyDish.com. I've tried several different browsers, computers, and internet connections. It's definitely a problem on Dish's side of things.

-- Roger

#8 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 347 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

The error occurs after logging into Dish.com/MyDish.com. I've tried several different browsers, computers, and internet connections. It's definitely a problem on Dish's side of things.

-- Roger

I log in a couple times a week (often just to check new listing on Blockbuster)...and go thru sign in...haven't experienced this. I wonder if it is a browser specific problem (I use firefox)???

#9 OFFLINE   jadebox

jadebox

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

I log in a couple times a week (often just to check new listing on Blockbuster)...and go thru sign in...haven't experienced this. I wonder if it is a browser specific problem (I use firefox)???

I've tried multiple browsers as well as trying to log in from multiple locations. So, it's definitely something on Dish's end.

I was hoping someone else had solved the problem by creating a new online account (can you?) or something else like that.

I'll try contacting Dish again ........

-- Roger

#10 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

I was able to log into my online account without any issues. You can use the link, Forgot Online ID, to verify your online ID. Please let me know if you continue to experience issues with your online account. Thanks.

I've tried multiple browsers as well as trying to log in from multiple locations. So, it's definitely something on Dish's end.

I was hoping someone else had solved the problem by creating a new online account (can you?) or something else like that.

I'll try contacting Dish again ........

-- Roger

#11 OFFLINE   jadebox

jadebox

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

I was able to log into my online account without any issues. You can use the link, Forgot Online ID, to verify your online ID. Please let me know if you continue to experience issues with your online account. Thanks.

Thanks. I have no problem logging in. It's after I've logged in that the error message is displayed. This has been going on for at least a couple of months and is still happening.

I just tried again. I was able to log in. Then I clicked on the "Programming" link and the following was displayed:

Your support ID is: 7815993494532120653

-- Roger

#12 OFFLINE   gareed105

gareed105

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Thanks. I have no problem logging in. It's after I've logged in that the error message is displayed. This has been going on for at least a couple of months and is still happening.

I just tried again. I was able to log in. Then I clicked on the "Programming" link and the following was displayed:

Your support ID is: 7815993494532120653

-- Roger

Have occasionally had this happen to me over the years using Firefox. I found that I can correct the problem by clearing cookies associated with dish. Hope this helps.

#13 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,617 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

That's why I asked earlier about ad/script blockers... I also should have asked if you are accepting cookies from the Dish site.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#14 OFFLINE   sregener

sregener

Godfather

• Registered
  • 592 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

Well, that worked for me. I cleared out the Dish Online Cookies and Cached data and was able to load Dishonline.com again. Thanks for the tip!

#15 OFFLINE   jadebox

jadebox

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

I've tried multiple browsers, clearing cookies, even logging on using a PC I'd never used before. I still get the error after logging in.

-- Roger

#16 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Sounds like your profile on the Dish website is corrupt.

I'd contact the Dish Website webmaster and have them blow away your on-line account and re-create it

Have you tried using an alternate email address to log on, i.e. create another profile? (not certain if the system will allow this).
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#17 OFFLINE   jadebox

jadebox

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Sounds like your profile on the Dish website is corrupt.

I'd contact the Dish Website webmaster and have them blow away your on-line account and re-create it

Thanks. I've emailed the web master a few times, but this time I'll specifically suggest that they delete and recreate the account.

Have you tried using an alternate email address to log on, i.e. create another profile? (I'm not certain if the system will allow this).

I tried it recently, but it recognizes that I already have an account.

Thanks!

-- Roger

#18 OFFLINE   jadebox

jadebox

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Last week I used the contact form on the web site to ask, again. for help and suggested that my account be deleted and recreated. Once again, I received no response and I still cannot use the site.

Ray, if you can do whatever magic you can do to help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

-- Roger

#19 OFFLINE   jadebox

jadebox

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

Okay ... it's been about six months. I've sent dozens of emails and made several phone calls. And, I'm still getting the error when I try to use the web site.

Is there still a way to escalate things up to the CEO level?

-- Roger

#20 OFFLINE   jadebox

jadebox

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

Wow ... it's more than a year later and I still can't use the Dish web site:

Your support ID is: 14242870973975898366

Not a happy camper ...

-- Roger

Protected By... spam firewall...And...